What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

scout01

"I need to order a new bolt cover for that one bolt closest to the door........apparently the manual seats' bolt covers are different from those with power."

Check the yard on Mon., i'm planning a trip there myself if you wanna tag along.

Literally just said "uggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" out loud when I read that. i know you've been working on that thing for a while

Found out that the transmission I bought off of a member has no 3rd or 4th gear.

Awesome.

Yeah, 3rd and 4th were initially really hard to get.

Today I couldn't find third for the life of me, and I'm afraid to try for 4th because I can feel the gear but I get a whine like syncros if I pull on it.

Drew: are you 100% sure that you bled our clutch enough, etc... My M56 is rock solid but it wouldn't go into those gears either when we first did the swap. A shop had to bleed the clutch 2 more times to get the car running right.

Justin: I wanna drive the XC70 at Carlisle. :)

Clutch is fine, the other gears are okay. Like I said, I can feel where the gear should be, but If I push it into place it gives a whine I can only assume is the syncro. Its the same sound my A4 would make if you were rolling and tried to put in first before at a dead stop.

I'm going to bleed it again tomorrow AM anyway.

I'm also thinking about trying syncromesh.

Fingers crossed :lol: