Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Yeah, the dyed one looks way better, looks factory since you can still see the texture of the plastic. What dye did you use? The bumper trim dye? I want to do this, but I don't know what I would do with the "fabric" sunroof trim.

Plain old RIT dye, black. Yeah the sunroof trim is a bit large. Will need to make a container large enough to do it all at once.

Plain old RIT dye, black. Yeah the sunroof trim is a bit large. Will need to make a container large enough to do it all at once.

Ok, I just looked up the stuff. I didn't know the RIT dye you use on fabrics works on the other trim pieces too. But damn, 3 bucks for a box of powder! I'm going to have to do this.

Ok, I just looked up the stuff. I didn't know the RIT dye you use on fabrics works on the other trim pieces too. But damn, 3 bucks for a box of powder! I'm going to have to do this.

Old hobby trick. Joann Fabrics had them for sale for ~$1.70 a box. I didn't add any salt, but the water I used was high in alkalinity and pH. Best results so far are heat to boil, reduce to below simmer, small parts take about 10 minutes. Larger parts will take longer, but you will need to monitor the change to keep the parts uniform. Just a word of advice, the finish or the condition the parts are now will be the same for when they are dyed. Simply put, if they are dull and scratched up then the will look dull and scratched but black.

Aligned the T5R myself, went to get the alignment done and they said camber was out and adjustment was maxed. Wanted to sell me a $170 camber bolt kit :arob: , took the bolts out hogged the holes a bit and used the camber level my buddy has to get it damn close. Toe went out slightly from making the change, but now they should be able to get it all aligned without trying to rap me.

Also installing new ebrake shoes and hardware today. Then will be searching through this for anything that might come up in the future, http://www.allworldauto.com/tsbs/volvo_technical_service_bulletins_124-1.html .

Edited by Dave 54

installed a simple NXS MBC today. all i can say is hello wheelspin. i can feel the turbo kick in so much harder in 1st now :lol: its crazy. i enjoy it but i'm definitely trying to stay safe. i did hit 14 psi, just wow.. big difference

Edited by T5Power

I drove it. cleaned the interior yesterday. Can't wait to get some real leather conditioner for it.

Went over to Neubar's and washed my car, changed the oil (Royal Purple 10w40 with Bosch Distance Plus filter)

and finally got this bitch out!

27014_533222106731_27000258_31633060_205

no spedo, no odometer but Matty will help!

OEM oil return line gasket and o ring after the FCP o ring started leaking within 3k miles

oil chg/filter

pass caliper after letting it cure for a week (VHT black)

put the stock airbox back in, took it around the block.....put the intake back in

washed, waxed

Thanx, it's a OEM bodykit spoiler, same spoiler Josh has on his racecar.

Looks really good, have fun at the track?

Replaced T-belt, serp belt, water pump and all pulleys.

Fairly easy job...the hardest part was cleaning off the old water pump gasket.

Looks really good, have fun at the track?

Thanks. Nordschleife was awesome, Jan did some amazing and hilarious stuff there.

Will start a new thread tomorrow or Wednesday.. ;)

drove it today, enjoyed 13.5 psi, and took a pic after i cleaned her up a lil bit:

utf-8BSU1HMDAyODktMjAxMDA0MTktMTUyN.jpg