Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Modified the rear window switches with covers from a spare master switch and added LEDs.

Started working on this. BOSCH H3 projectors into stock fogs w/ 4300K H3C HID bulbs (not standard H3). Utilizing my awesome $35 ballasts.

IMAG0514.jpg

mushy might be the fluid, ever been changed?

as for me pulled most of the interior and washed the carpets and throughly cleaned the inside. thinking about pulling the carpets again and replacing the stock sound deadening with dyna mat. Should help with the drone some...?

MLV under the carpeting will help with noise. How did you wash your carpets? I need to pull all of mine to install MLV and clean up the left over coolant from when my heater core was busted.

Changed my oil wooooo...

Gave the boost controller half a turn :D

MLV under the carpeting will help with noise. How did you wash your carpets? I need to pull all of mine to install MLV and clean up the left over coolant from when my heater core was busted.

MLV? Im assuming thats a competitor to dyna mat? anyways carpets went in the washing machine on delicate with regular tide detergentlaugh.gif. Worked really well and the carpets still have their shape (something i was worried about) My car also smells like spring rain now.

MLV? Im assuming thats a competitor to dyna mat? anyways carpets went in the washing machine on delicate with regular tide detergentlaugh.gif. Worked really well and the carpets still have their shape (something i was worried about) My car also smells like spring rain now.

Do you mean floor mats or the whole carpeting that goes from the front to the back?

MLV is Mass Loaded Vinyl. It's basically an acoustic barrier made to stop sound. Sound deadeners are basically just dampers that prevent vibrations, they are not designed to isolate sound from one side to the other. MLV is used in home theaters and is placed behind the drywall to keep sound in (or out). Ever drive without a door panel in and hear the huge amount of road noise? This essentially does the same thing. It's very heavy and is best purchased locally. The stuff I have weighs 1lb per square foot, a 100 sq ft roll (4ft x 25ft) weighs over 120lb.

Do you mean floor mats or the whole carpeting that goes from the front to the back?

MLV is Mass Loaded Vinyl. It's basically an acoustic barrier made to stop sound. Sound deadeners are basically just dampers that prevent vibrations, they are not designed to isolate sound from one side to the other. MLV is used in home theaters and is placed behind the drywall to keep sound in (or out). Ever drive without a door panel in and hear the huge amount of road noise? This essentially does the same thing. It's very heavy and is best purchased locally. The stuff I have weighs 1lb per square foot, a 100 sq ft roll (4ft x 25ft) weighs over 120lb.

Makes sense. I did a little researching after posting.

I washed the carpets not the floor mats. I got new (used) floor mats from Prezman at Justins that he cleaned so I wanted to get rid of all the sand/dirt from the carpets.

• Downvote 1

washed her, my moms s70 and brothers 940.

Makes sense. I did a little researching after posting.

I washed the carpets not the floor mats. I got new (used) floor mats from Prezman at Justins that he cleaned so I wanted to get rid of all the sand/dirt from the carpets.

The carpets were able to fit into the washing machine? And not deformed? Damn. How did you manage to get them in?

Carpets fit, just go down to your local laundry mat and find the largest machine they have and stuff it in. When finished take them home and let them air dry out for a day or 2.

• Upvote 1

Carpets fit, just go down to your local laundry mat and find the largest machine they have and stuff it in. When finished take them home and let them air dry out for a day or 2.

Good idea. No changes in shape or anything?

Good idea. No changes in shape or anything?

Nope, figure there molded carpets and have been in place for 14+ years....so they are well formed. :lol:

Nope, figure there molded carpets and have been in place for 14+ years....so they are well formed. :lol:

Nice. Doing this when I come back from Vancouver for sure.

You know the foam bit that's under the carpet where the foot wells are? Can that be washed the same way? Mine is soaked with coolant.

That driveway looks so familiar. haha

soooooo much shit has happened on that driveway it isnt funny :lol:

• Upvote 1

After Reading the last half of this page I guess I need to do a write up on washing carpets :lol:

• Upvote 2