Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

K&N air-filter killed it self. :huh:

Send it back. They'll send you a new one.

Travis: How was the hub swap ? PIA or fairly straight forward ? I'm doing mine on Tuesday.

cake, I just did that side axle so everything was still pretty fresh/easy to get off

definitely PB blast the E14's and skip the impact gun, as those bolts nearly got seriously mangled, i ended up using a breaker bar w/ sissy bar for safety, had to beat it pretty good to get it out of the knuckle

whomped 2 black WRX's at the same time today. :lol: yay boosted sleepers!

• Upvote 3

whomped 2 black WRX's at the same time today. :lol: yay boosted sleepers!

really?

your performance mods again?

Rotated tires and while they were off cleaned them all up real well... washing and waxing the car this week till I see her Thanksgiving break :(

really?

your performance mods again?

Rotated tires and while they were off cleaned them all up real well... washing and waxing the car this week till I see her Thanksgiving break :(

K&N (not that it matters lol)

magnaflow catback

NXS MBC set at 14 psi

both were black, and they had some loud ass exhausts... one looked like it had a front mount or something. one was an 02 and had black wheels, the other was like an 04

they rolled up to me on each side like the asian crew in fast and furious :lol: :lol: :lol:

haha just beat them from a stop light? thats surprising... my car couldnt, i have quite a few more mods now too :(

also, i never see or talk to anyone anymore that doesnt have every bolt on for those anymore lol... gonna be a hard car through the years to grab un-tampered, kinda like supras but they are on a different level haha

Replaced this:

P8150102.jpg

Swapped these:

P8150105.jpg

Since I had most of the work done already; so that's what was making the clunking sound. 250K+ miles is about time to change right:

P8150112.jpg

I guess it was time for new bumps, this is a cheaper alternative "experiment""

P8150109.jpg

All new strut hardware:

P8150107.jpg

No more clunk, clunk, rattle, rattle, and Julie is happy that the box of parts isn't in the living room anymore. :D

- Lee

• Upvote 1

No more clunk, clunk, rattle, rattle, and Julie is happy that the box of parts isn't in the living room anymore. :D

- Lee

:lol: My wife gets upset about the same thing. There is almost always a pile of parts sitting next to the back door. :lol:

When I was re-doing the Beetle, we had an entire room full of parts. It stunk of rubber from the tires, there was some tension in the house for a few months! laugh.gif

Back on topic: got this done Saturday, but: cleaned 2 car seats, 2 back seats and 3 floor mats. Gotta love parenthood (and stomach bugs.... sad.gif)

cleaned up the wagon 41057_417495924564_518044564_4677472_455

found this on the wagon

35964_417497379564_518044564_4677490_543

(for now its temp fixed with gorilla tape and zipties... holds boost too)

looks like i will finish the coldside of the s70s fmic in 2.5 in.. and give the wagon its handmedowns

the wagon goes pretty good for 203k... having misfiring at full boost... looks like it will get the s70s handmedowns once again :D

Serp belt. Replaced using the 3 penny trick. Thanks krazykn.

Bought a Torx screwhead set (16 pcs.) for $20 so that I can prepare to fix my horn contacts.

Fixed my antenna and it now goes all the way down. Found out that there were remnants of my last antenna stuck in the housing that I missed when I initially repaired it.

Called the Volvo dealership to get the code for my radio and wrote it down in my "owners guide" (a binder full of how-tos and guides that I have printed from the internet) for future reference.