Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Dropped off the sedan at the body shop and picked up the 11' Camry :lol: . New RR door and rear bumper ordered, in for paint by Wed.. Need to drop off the x70 door handles to be painted before then. Should be ready by next Mon., $250 deductible and an extra $100 for the handles. Insurance adjuster said the 250 we'll get reimbursed as it's clear the other driver was at fault by the damage.

Edited by Dave 54

Dropped off the sedan at the body shop and picked up the 11' Camry :lol: . New RR door and rear bumper ordered, in for paint by Wed.. Need to drop off the x70 door handles to be painted before then. Should be ready by next Mon., $250 deductible and an extra $100 for the handles. Insurance adjuster said the 250 we'll get reimbursed as it's clear the other driver was at fault by the damage.

Great to hear it worked out! :tup:

Great to hear it worked out! :tup:

I am too, was a little worried. Never know what could be found under the surface, but the wheel and suspension are fine!

Only thing that sucks is we gotta sport this around til next week.

downsized950920001716.jpg

Has the smart drive auto, you can shift it like a manual, kinda cool, but I could see some serious trans problems with these in the future!

I am too, was a little worried. Never know what could be found under the surface, but the wheel and suspension are fine!

Only thing that sucks is we gotta sport this around til next week.

Has the smart drive auto, you can shift it like a manual, kinda cool, but I could see some serious trans problems with these in the future!

It's a rental, go mud bogging! laugh.gif

haha, thats awesome. I just finished renting the same car (11 camry, but in red) for the same reason. But I was lucky enough to have the person hit my car in the EXACT place there was already damaged. So it really worked out for me.

hows the type r sound in that ported box ??

good and real loud... i had it in a sealed box for awhile not quite as loud, but more precise with the notes... but it eventually blew the box apart... so i put it back in the ported box i already had

59003_431222019564_518044564_4996172_241

Intercooler cold side revision.... simpler is always better

Installed new BOSCH fuel filter

09191021390001.jpg

Edited by 940_turbo_wagon

Replaced my old, rusty, dirt-containing, leaky Expansion Tank with a new, shiny, clean, not leaky one.

Also, replaced the rubber seal on the oil cap...no more oil lubricating the exterior of the engine.

How long do Control Arms last (OEM)?

My suspension is nice but it feels a little loose going over bumps... I just hit 100k so not sure if it will matter to get new control arms. Might stiffen up the front end.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My suspension is nice but it feels a little loose going over bumps... I just hit 100k so not sure if it will matter to get new control arms. Might stiffen up the front end.

I wouldn't be looking at the miles; I would be looking at the fact they are probably 13 years old.

Over bumps suggest tierods but IIRC you replaced those at Nue's. It couldn't hurt though. The balljoint in the Carm goes bad before the bushings usually

did plugs, oil change, both outer tie rods, and SS brake lines with aaron.

next up is PVC and ordering springs ;)

car is being given the "gold" treatment :lol:

• Upvote 1