scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

scoped the cylinders to look for internal damage, walls and pistons looked good, so its just the valves (i hope), started taking everything apart so we can pull the head soon, will continue tmro with tom long himself

you use those parts I got you yet? :D

Not yet! Gonna do it after I get the last few things done on 'er. lol

The filter won't be going in though as I already have a K&N panel filter, but it'll make a good clean spare. :)

Cleaned a tiny bit of salt off the yellow from when I drove it the other day. Also filled it up with 93 octane. Gas is going up again here, $3.44/gal.

The black beater has been getting a lot of love this winter. I've put a lot of miles on it since I bought it.

Plowed some snow with the yellow:

162980_848620944774_11314873_46483895_79

My driveway :D

164044_848611897904_11314873_46483571_70

Started on the timing belt.

I hate this bracket...

165207_479086451965_508651965_5940537_59

• Upvote 3

Re-connected the battery on the T5.

Shopped on line to add a new Battery cable to my list of parts to buy that will hopefully last me till its warmer.

How many hours does a shop charge for changing the turbo on an 850?

not parts, just labor hours.

How many hours does a shop charge for changing the turbo on an 850?

not parts, just labor hours.

2.5?

dryer setting for carpets? will heat mess with the backing?

If you set the washer on extra spin or something, the centrifugal force should dry them quite well. I basically took mine home after getting them out of the laundromat's washer and let them sit overnight in the garage. To help re-form them a bit, I propped up edges that were sagging. I also used mini plastic clamps to hold the two sides that go around the center console together.

• Upvote 1

Tweaked the alignment some more. Still need to get it corner weighed. <_<

Bled all 4 corners, until nothing but blue fluid came out. I'm pretty sure I've successfully completed my annual brake fluid flush.

Oh, and swapped out calipers, from yellows to blacks.

Tweaked the alignment some more. Still need to get it corner weighed. <_<

Bled all 4 corners, until nothing but blue fluid came out. I'm pretty sure I've successfully completed my annual brake fluid flush.

Oh, and swapped out calipers, from yellows to blacks.

Wow, an annual brake fluid flush. My brake fluid only sees the light of day when I get new pads....

You drive it that hard?

Wow, an annual brake fluid flush. My brake fluid only sees the light of day when I get new pads....

You drive it that hard?

It's $15 for a 1 L bottle of this stuff:

51RkaAXEXWL._SS500_.jpg

I'm a late braker, most of my passengers have their feet buried in the foot wells by the time I start braking. I'm spoiled with the Porsche brakes. It made enough of a difference to justify doing it once a year. I have a Motive bleeder, it takes about 1 hour for the whole thing.

It's $15 for a 1 L bottle of this stuff:

I'm a late braker, most of my passengers have their feet buried in the foot wells by the time I start braking. I'm spoiled with the Porsche brakes. It made enough of a difference to justify doing it once a year. I have a Motive bleeder, it takes about 1 hour for the whole thing.

I bought one of those Motive bleeders when I had to replace a caliper on the wagon. They're awesome, it makes securing the car on stands and removing the wheels the most time consuming part of the job.

I bought one of those Motive bleeders when I had to replace a caliper on the wagon. They're awesome, it makes securing the car on stands and removing the wheels the most time consuming part of the job.

I bled them one last time, just to use up the remaining fluid in the pump and left the wheels on. I just reached behind them, not super easy but it saved me a few minutes.