scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Did a few things last night. Emptied the catch can and drained the fluid in my m56 (came out looking like it did when I filled it back when Travis broke it for me lol).

Also found that my exhaust leak is coming from the obx flex pipe section. Wrapped it up tightly in header wrap as a quick fix, made a phone call and I'll have a brandy new downpipe tonight after work :D

Took my car for a test drive now that the roads are pretty dry. Still a slight vibration when I accelerate quickly, and I had an alignment, so it's not that. I'm going to check the passenger side subframe bolt because my brother tightened that one and I'm not sure if we got it completely tight. My Dad's bringing down my jack tomorrow so I'll get under there this weekend. And my oil return gasket is leaking and the cooolant return hose is leaking too. <_<

Took my car for a test drive now that the roads are pretty dry. Still a slight vibration when I accelerate quickly, and I had an alignment, so it's not that. I'm going to check the passenger side subframe bolt because my brother tightened that one and I'm not sure if we got it completely tight. My Dad's bringing down my jack tomorrow so I'll get under there this weekend. And my oil return gasket is leaking and the cooolant return hose is leaking too. <_<

Mine does the same thing but I have a bad axle.

Damn axles, my passenger side one's outer boot is going to crack open before too long. :(

The axle is original as far as I know, I was just going to replace the whole damn thing. :lol:

Boots are fine on mine. I'm still 'hoping' that I screwed up the hub and killed it when I overtightened it. But that axle was acting up before the hub repair.

Boots are fine on mine. I'm still 'hoping' that I screwed up the hub and killed it when I overtightened it. But that axle was acting up before the hub repair.

General rule of thumb with our axles is change the axle when the boots fail, correct? Boots are so cheap, but I don't know if it's worth the time it takes to replace them. Considering you have to throw the alignment off either way......

General rule of thumb with our axles is change the axle when the boots fail, correct? Boots are so cheap, but I don't know if it's worth the time it takes to replace them. Considering you have to throw the alignment off either way......

when my boots went i just waited a while then did new axles, its easier really and the problem with torn boots in the shit that gets in there and once its torn its in there so its gonna get worn out anyways

when my boots went i just waited a while then did new axles, its easier really and the problem with torn boots in the stuff that gets in there and once its torn its in there so its gonna get worn out anyways

Makes sense, especially when the ripped boot is on a high mileage axle.

Someone else suggested an axle too. Fuck. Maybe I should do axles. I'm pretty sure we just recently did axles on my car, but I'm guessing they were aftermarket/cheapest axles we could find (not my decision)

matt, go napa..$109 with lifetime warranty including cv boots....you can't really beat that

Today I finished up my 4 day turbo swap. :lol:

Damn it, I had to wait on the hard line for the turbo oil feed and replace crush washers on the coolant feed connection. It got dark Monday night and I dropped the new ones so I reused the old and sure enough they were leaking right away.

All is well, 15G feels pretty nice so far....haven't really hammered it yet. :ph34r:

It was really cold, someone told me this is winter but I don't believe it apparently. :lol:

Photo-0107.jpg

I was very much looking forward to not driving that Cobalt any more. Nice to have my car on the road again, first time it got stranded like that in ~3 years. :(

Edited by --Aaron--
  • Upvote 1

I'm a poor student so when my red wagon had a rip in the CV boot, I just bought a new boot ASAP and my dad replaced it for me.

I think he told me it wasn't that hard either but had to use a special tool to get the old boot off?

No DUI vehicle starting device in the Cobalt right? :lol: :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No DUI vehicle starting device in the Cobalt right? :lol::rolleyes:

Haha, no. That's the main reason I hate driving it, could get into trouble. Under the circumstances with my wife not being able to drive/me taking her to work/back and me needing to fix my car I just didn't see any other way. :(

Makes sense, especially when the ripped boot is on a high mileage axle.

I drove on my torn boots till they started clicking when turning....~6 months or so, but I don't drive as much as you Aaron