What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

scout01

:wacko: Major PITA? Little PITA? :unsure:

Not really a PITA, just stupid that the old brake line was rusted in place and the threads got fucked when we finally broke it loose out of the caliper. It's just something I would rather not have to do and its keeping my car up on jackstands for an extra week.

Not really a PITA, just stupid that the old brake line was rusted in place and the threads got monkeyed when we finally broke it loose out of the caliper. It's just something I would rather not have to do and its keeping my car up on jackstands for an extra week.

Ugh, sounds like an easy yet aggravating repair. Does the new brake line come with the lip on the end w/ the fitting for the caliper?

Ugh, sounds like an easy yet aggravating repair. Does the new brake line come with the lip on the end w/ the fitting for the caliper?

yeah, it comes flared with the fitting already on the line, but any OEM brake hardline you buy, comes straight, and you have to bend it yourself, no big deal, just an extra step.

yeah, it comes flared with the fitting already on the line, but any OEM brake hardline you buy, comes straight, and you have to bend it yourself, no big deal, just an extra step.

That's cool. Should I ever have to break my driver's front brake line loose I will be doing what you're doing because I chewed the fitting up. :rolleyes:

I'm supposed to go outside right now to the garage and pull my front coilovers to change the strut mounts, but I'm having one of those lazy moments.

I have no experience with Meguiar/Mothers non-consumer level products, so I can't comment on them. All I can say is that in my experience, I have never heard of a professional detailing company using that line of products. Not saying that's true everywhere, just from my experience.

And when I said random orbital buffer, I obviously meant anything that costs $50 or less and is a giant pad spinning at random speeds, such as those sold at the stores you named above.

I have a PC 7424, and I still consider that as being at the bottom rung of "professional" detailing. There are much better units out there, but it works well for my needs.

There are lots of detailers on Autopia and Autogeek that swear by their non-consumer products, just need to do buy the right kind.

I figured, those waxers that they sell at the auto stores don't do much, they just vibrate. I think the PC7424 has plenty of grunt to do professional work, but I see most professionals using Makita and Dewalt gear.

How are you bending it Gabe? Going to be doing the exact same work in a few days to get the hard lines prepped to install when they arrive.