scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

i also updated my interests :P

wait so are you living in your car? haha

Well isnt that the reason why I bought a Volvo wagon? :P My company is setting me up in a hotel for a week.

• Upvote 1

-found a crack in my coolant reservoir cap, replaced it

-replaced the torn boot on my pass side inner tie rod

-finished my exhaust (3" downpipe to 2.75" remus exhaust - no cat!)

-heat wrapped my downpipe:

dpwrap.jpg

Remus? Nice. which muffler?

Rotated my tires on a scary un-level driveway (thanks Moores tires for putting my lugs on at 139482903842 ft/lbs. Also checked my "new" NGK spark plugs I'm trying out. Also tested a sweet 6 disc changer I got for 25 dollars at the junkyard and it works flawlessly minus not having the trunk bracket because it came out of an 850... so its not mounted in yet (I refuse to drill holes in my trunk :ph34r: )

Today: hopefully my EST poly bushing for the smaller of the two on the trans mount since IPD decided not to be cool on parts they only offer a 1 year warranty on yet have a life time warranty on the part they order & modify from FCP... cool cool cool. It better come today because I ordered it last Monday and they said it would go out that day but low & behold it was mailed out Tuesday the week after <_< I can't fucking win.

Tomorrow: wash it quick then hopefully not get keyed, mugged, robbed, broken into when I go to Queens NY. THUG LIFE

The only reason I worry is my buddy has an Audi TT he got a year ago, he has lived in queens for about a year. In the last 6 months his car has been hit 3x. He said there is legit parking because I told him fuck parking on the street after he bitches about his car always getting hit or backed into or whatever.

nice, whered you get it and did you test it out yet?

your so productive!

dpwrap.jpg

Questional: do you use a MBC in any way in your system? I am curious as to if you will have a boost spiking issue when boost is first developed. I ask because I have a problem according to people "boost is coming on sooner than the ECU is expecting (1998s interpolate) so the TCV is getting the proper signal it just isnt aware that without a cad I will develop boost sooner so the computer needs to be adjusted to signal the TCV sooner"

Remus? Nice. which muffler?

It's actually OEM. Remus designed an 2.75" cat back "sport exhaust" system for Volvo. The exhaust is branded with Volvo and Remus.

This is what it sounds like:

nice, whered you get it and did you test it out yet?

your so productive!

It's just the OBX downpipe. I bought the exhaust wrap from jegs. I drove it last night and it sounds great with no cat! I'll have to put one on before inspection in 1.5 years though :lol:

That weird queef-like noise when I let off the gas has quieted down too haha.

Questional: do you use a MBC in any way in your system? I am curious as to if you will have a boost spiking issue when boost is first developed. I ask because I have a problem according to people "boost is coming on sooner than the ECU is expecting (1998s interpolate) so the TCV is getting the proper signal it just isnt aware that without a cad I will develop boost sooner so the computer needs to be adjusted to signal the TCV sooner"

I'm not sure I really understand your question... I use an AEM TruBoost electronic boost controller. I don't really get boost spikes, my motor is built anyway so a couple extra pounds of boost is probably not going to hurt anything if it were to happen.

haha nice,

now the snaab post maf pipe makes some nice new noises though

i cant wait to see some new dyno numbers for your car, should be breaking 300whp now for sure

I'll have to put one on before inspection in 1.5 years though :lol:

Just become friendly with the shop owner where you get your inspections. (no homo :P)

I haven't had an issue with my OBX system in PA, my car is a 96 so as long as my CEL isn't on they don't even bother looking under the car.

Not done today, not even this week actually, but......

2011-07-10_17-31-02_477.jpg

Its all back together finally, but I started a new job a few weeks ago and I'm working 16hr shifts 6 days a week so its been kinda tough to get to my garage to drop it back in. :(

Already told the boss man I need this weekend off, so after I wake up sometime saturday afternoon I plan on getting it back on the road for monday. (fingers crossed)

• Upvote 3

I'm not sure I really understand your question... I use an AEM TruBoost electronic boost controller. I don't really get boost spikes, my motor is built anyway so a couple extra pounds of boost is probably not going to hurt anything if it were to happen.

That basically answers my question. You have a different boost management system other than the ECU controlling the TCV. I have the HD TCV which waits for a signal from the ECU so that the TCV will signal the wastegate. Well the TCV gets the signal from the ECU when the ECU has estimated that full boost will be reached. Because the computer hasn't been adjusted to know that the TCV needs to open sooner because without a cat I can boost sooner plus some other additional upgrades. I only have a IPD Stg.1 with some tweaks from Lucky for a smoother curve. He will be writing me one to adjust for the lack of a catalytic converter so that the computer will signal the TCV to open at the "proper time" when true boost is actually reached.

Not done today, not even this week actually, but......

Its all back together finally, but I started a new job a few weeks ago and I'm working 16hr shifts 6 days a week so its been kinda tough to get to my garage to drop it back in. :(

Already told the boss man I need this weekend off, so after I wake up sometime saturday afternoon I plan on getting it back on the road for monday. (fingers crossed)

About time! Very cool :D