Sign in to follow this  
lookforjoe

M66 Awd In 98 V70 Awd Xc

Revised cable bracket for RussianR

Virgin $70 bracket from VoVo

null-zps95e6e9bc.jpg

After modding for 850/x70 -'00 cables

Gear shift cable bracket cut, straightened and re bent to reset height & offset for early cables

null-zps6c7a5919.jpg

Stud pressed through main body instead of captive nut plate on underside of slider arm

null-zpsd823d9c9.jpg

Guide rail to keep slider aligned

null-zps804279e3.jpg

Did you like my idea then ;) Because I love your idea's. Without them I would be still scratching my head :)

2014-03-22170015.jpg

Edited by Avinitlarge

Did you like my idea then ;) Because I love your idea's. Without them I would be still scratching my head :)

Yes - I'm still going to add the reinforcement like my other version, however it would probably suffice as it is :)

I have a complete swap from 05 s60r , Just got it couple days ago . Cables shifter . Should work on it this week.

I need to finish pickup before Carlisle

I have a complete swap from 05 s60r , Just got it couple days ago . Cables shifter . Should work on it this week.

I need to finish pickup before Carlisle

Going in the pickup? You're bringing it to Carlisle, I hope?

How did you hook up the slave cylinder?

The normal way... :D

All M66 are internal slave.

Makes no difference what clutch you use with that, offset is the same as the old external slave/Fork/ T/0 setup...

Dunno if it matters but I followed Lucas on doing the s40 shifter and cables 04-07 and not having to do any mods to bracket. That's with the 04-07 m66 from s40/v50

Does anyone know what the PN is for the axle seals? Do you use the p80 ones or the m66 ones? This thread has convinced me not to ditch my AWD. Thanks guys!

If you have an M66, you need to order seals for the M66. Left axle seal is 6843481.

Right side, depends what you mean, since there are axle seals in the BG, and in the diff case. All the seal(s) are shown in the pinned SS AWD component thread.

V70AWD_00052.jpg

On 5/29/2014 at 8:09 PM, lookforjoe said:

The normal way... :D

All M66 are internal slave.

Makes no difference what clutch you use with that, offset is the same as the old external slave/Fork/ T/0 setup...

The spine is different for the M66 right? What flywheel/clutch/pressure plate did you use? 

Im going to do this mod on my 850R Aut. but with a diesel M66AWD. should keep 1st and 2nd the same, 3,4 and 5th slightly longer and an extra OD 6.

My previous 01 T4 S40 did 160km/h in 6th with a M66 mod 

Edited by ChristiaanW200