Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

volvie!

Grille Slash/blue Emblem

Hi Everyone,

From all the time I've spent looking for the answer, I know that variations of this question are frequently asked, but I still need some help finding the answer:

My mom has a 1998 S70 GLT with the traditional black Volvo emblem in the front grille slash.

2466037263_d688149a45.jpg

She used to have a 2000 S70 GLT (totaled in Jan 2008 another driver making a poorly timed illegal u-turn... <_< ) with the newer blue Volvo emblem and she prefers the look.

So, I'm looking for the part numbers of:

-The newer blue Volvo emblem by itself (that will fit inside the current slash)

-The newer blue Volvo emblem inside the grille slash (ready to screw in the grille)

At a local VCOA event this past Saturday, I was talking with an 850 owner who said he got the part number for his upgraded blue emblem on this site, but I have not been able to locate it...

I started here: Volvospeed Resource Page, Links & Writeups - CLICK HERE FIRST.

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index.php?showtopic=15536

And, saw that the underlord posted a link for "Emblem Part Numbers:"

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/Emblem-Part...ers-t61306.html

But, I cannot access the link-- All I get is an error message:

"The error returned was:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available."

Any ideas why I cannot access this page?

I then searched through the threads and found some information about 850 emblem/slashes:

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index.php?s...em+part+numbers

IMG_0303.jpg

Will this part also work in S70s?

I also saw this thread:

Which lists parts for the 850:

"850 grille slash- Part number 1390501 and inserts Part numbers 3512201 and 3512202."

Is it the same for the S70?

TBM recommended contacting NGB (Nick). Does he have S70 parts too?

And, this thread:

Prior to searching this forum, I also tried browsing online accessory parts stores and was only able to find the black emblem parts. Anyone know where I can find the blue emblem parts online?

I also plan to call my local Volvo dismantler in the next few days, but would prefer that I know exactly what to ask for.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Big post. BIG POST.

1) Go to dealer.

2) Ask for blue decal.

3) Wipe hands on pants, repeat if necessary.

... Welcome man, just a bit of advice: the entire backstory to "why you're posting right now" isn't necessary, just the question. If you're worried about being flamed for searching, all you really need is the typical, "I searched but nothing came up/the page was dead". :)

its a small mod, but i think it makes the front end look alot better

+1

I haven't done it yet.

Hey Volvie!

I'm here too (I'm everywhere!)....anyway, the 850 will fit our S70. I have a spare one in the blue but it's already attached to a slash on an OEM grille...was either going to just keep the whole thing for when and if I ever switched back or let it go to someone...if you're interested, email me. badger36-at-knology.net (as usual, replace the -at- with @).

Regards,

David

The blue emblem is smaller than the black emblem (about 5.3 cm versus 5.6 cm) and the edges of the blue emblem are not that straight. You can even see that in your pictures.

I took the whole slash of a post '99 X70 to have the blue emblem on the eggcrate grille of my '97 R... ;)

... Welcome man, just a bit of advice: the entire backstory to "why you're posting right now" isn't necessary, just the question. If you're worried about being flamed for searching, all you really need is the typical, "I searched but nothing came up/the page was dead". :)

Are you kidding?! Volvie! should get noob of the year and a supporting membership. He's done all his research, told us what he knows, and has clearly explained his intentions.

It looks like your question has been answered, but I gotta say awesome first post!

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your responses!

As you can see, I love information-- what can I say? ;)

MadeInJapan-- I just sent a PM. Let me know if you did not receive it.

Take care.

sma0037l.jpg

Hi Everyone,

Just in case anyone else is interested in doing the same thing, an update:

We have a 1998 S70 GLT with a stock chrome grill and the original black logo emblem in the grille slash.

From calling my local Volvo dealership, I learned that the part number for a 1999 S70 grille slash with the newer blue logo is:

They also had one in stock!

So, we went down to the dealership to make sure it fits...

Here are the results:

2579894694_09ba373fce.jpg

Close-up:

2579064451_3b06649f33.jpg

So, as you can see the slash fits beautifully and the mom is quite happy! :D

(Getting compliments about her car from the parts and sales guys didn't hurt either. :lol: )

Isn't it amazing how such a small change can refresh the car?

We paid about $60 minus 20% VCOA discount.

An observation:

The slash pegs fit within the grille's holes/holders for the original slash, but the alignment of the pegs on the back of the new blue emblem is different than the old black emblem, so, as of this moment, the new emblem/slash is attached via two pegs (instead of four) and I'm considering putting some automotive double sided tape on the back of the new emblem for a more secure attachment...

Any suggestions?

There is currently also an emblem slash with the same part number (and new blue logo) up for auction at ebay (for the next 17 hours at least):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=280234499815

Check it out if you are interested!

Take care.

Good info, been meaning to pick up one of these. Having the PN should make it easier. Thanks.

Looks like you guys really keep that GLT lookin' nice and clean. Yeah, the blue emblem looks much better - that's one of the first things I've done to my car.

The next thing for you would be to black out the grille itself. That would look even better. ;)

There's a product out there called Plastidip.

never been able to find the PN from VADIS on that for the S80. i would love one and a stock grill to repaint. flat black is nice but i never clear coated it and wax has left marks. would like to do it over again, and i definitely need a new rolling iron logo.

The next thing for you would be to black out the grille itself. That would look even better. ;)

There's a product out there called Plastidip.

+1

257989469409ba373fcesv2.jpg

I kind of want to put my old stock grille back on now. So cleannnn