Jump to content
Volvospeed Forums

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.


scout01

Recommended Posts

Still fixing stuff the shop screwed up. 

Today I fixed a broken wire to the idle air control valve.  My idle has been 1100-1200 since they "fixed" the car.

Idles correctly again.

Might be time to sell the car though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And Lame. After finally getting my xc90 in for the body repairs, a whole Buch of other damages were found (they only did a visual inspection originally as the hood was stuck) and its been declared a total loss.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Stormtrooper1 said:

And Lame. After finally getting my xc90 in for the body repairs, a whole Buch of other damages were found (they only did a visual inspection originally as the hood was stuck) and its been declared a total loss.

 

Sorry to hear.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Zappo said:

Sorry to hear.

Thanks. It makes me feel bad to send a Passion Red off to the junk yard. (considering it looks "passably fine" from a distance in a parking lot) but that seems to be the most logical choice in the matter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Drove it to work for a few weeks this month while my wife used mine since her's was in the shop for flood/hail damage for about 2 months. 

Killed my L5S1 injury but it was fun at least. 

Replaced a leaky coolant hose, need to swap clusters and a few other items, but that can be done when the new house is finished since it hasnt been the daily in years. 

J56ddxs.jpg

 

This was fun too but not nearly as much. 

 

AtSRrdd.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Fixed a suspension issue so everything is tight again. Still cleaning up shit the shop messed up on the car.

Also swapped out my HD adjustable end links for the stock ones.  The heim joints are old and squeaky, so stock will do until I can replace the joints.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/16/2023 at 3:51 PM, ruecatinat said:

Changed the oil. C30 isn't getting much love after I picked up an '05 330i ZHP sedan.

Oooh, I'm jealous. I have an 01 330Ci and I love it. I wish it had the top end power of my V70R, but the handling and power band are worlds better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/17/2023 at 9:44 PM, bmdubya1198 said:

Oooh, I'm jealous. I have an 01 330Ci and I love it. I wish it had the top end power of my V70R, but the handling and power band are worlds better.

Nice! The E46 has aged so well in my opinion.

I honestly don't know what I'd do with the power. Had an '18 Golf R a few years ago and it just didn't do much for me even at 290ish stock and AWD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, ruecatinat said:

Nice! The E46 has aged so well in my opinion.

I honestly don't know what I'd do with the power. Had an '18 Golf R a few years ago and it just didn't do much for me even at 290ish stock and AWD.

It definitely has. It's such a great car to drive.

I'd love to get a little bit more power out of mine. It feels great for what it is, but I also find myself wanting more when I really get on it.

I've never driven a Golf R, but a friend of mine has a '17 GTI that was a lot of fun. It felt similar to my V70R actually, dead on the low end, then all the power in the mid to high end. It felt really good in boost, but I want more torque down low. Just like my R!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 6/8/2023 at 9:33 AM, Stormtrooper1 said:

Thanks. It makes me feel bad to send a Passion Red off to the junk yard. (considering it looks "passably fine" from a distance in a parking lot) but that seems to be the most logical choice in the matter.

 

Well after 2 months of fighting with insurance, I saved it. and got it fixed and was just able to pick it up this week. It's not 100% perfect. but they shop did a great job and im so glad to have it back. 

 

As for what I did today to it, I replaced the 3rd brake light because it was cracked and weirdly glued(with gross drips of too much glue the had turned white im assuming from the sun. it looks much nicer now.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...