Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

18 minutes ago, RBoy8 said:

We're just going out to Six Mile Lake Provincial Park. There's not too much in terms of long hikes and we're actually going to be doing a lot of canoeing, but the problem I've been having is that other than the shoes I have for work, everything I have ends up hurting my feet after extended periods of just walking or standing. 

Good socks can help, not too thick not too thin. Boot-specific socks are nice, and if they cover your calf it helps keep you cool and keep the bugs off. If you're a soft foot, part of your problem might be similar to those who become very sore after exercising for the first time in a year.

• Replies 23.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A house.

PLX Devices Wideband O2 Kit with Bosch LSU 4.2 sensor. Now I can't be bagged anymore for running no front O2.

Got this a few weeks ago.

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

They're metric.

7mm. Got it.

15 hours ago, RBoy8 said:

Yeah yeah yeah :laugh::laugh:

We're just going out to Six Mile Lake Provincial Park. There's not too much in terms of long hikes and we're actually going to be doing a lot of canoeing, but the problem I've been having is that other than the shoes I have for work, everything I have ends up hurting my feet after extended periods of just walking or standing. 

I actually wear hiking sneakers to hike these days unless it's a winter hike with snow. I know you just bought those boots, but hiking sneakers are always an option and with the right insoles almost any shoe will be comfortable (especially if you fit it with a nice new insole). If you ever have questions about outdoor gear for hiking/climbing/camping, I'm your guy.

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

They're metric.

Metric system is best system. :laugh:

15 hours ago, Fudge_Brownie said:

Good socks can help, not too thick not too thin. Boot-specific socks are nice, and if they cover your calf it helps keep you cool and keep the bugs off. If you're a soft foot, part of your problem might be similar to those who become very sore after exercising for the first time in a year.

Socks is something my mother has been suggesting too and I believe it. I paired the wrong socks with one of my shoes before and after a while, my feet became sore from sliding around the shoe, even though the shoes themselves were snug.

My main problem is that I have flat feet. I've got a custom pair of insoles that I can move around into other shoes but other than the ones I wear for work/business casual, it's about time I replace the rest that I have.

5 minutes ago, Timbo Slice said:

7mm. Got it.

I actually wear hiking sneakers to hike these days unless it's a winter hike with snow. I know you just bought those boots, but hiking sneakers are always an option and with the right insoles almost any shoe will be comfortable (especially if you fit it with a nice new insole). If you ever have questions about outdoor gear for hiking/climbing/camping, I'm your guy.

:laugh:

I'll look into those too. I think having another pair of comfy shoes sometime soon would be good. I have one pair of custom insoles right now for my everyday work shoe, but I figure the rest of the shoes I have are in need of replacing. Thanks Timo, I'll hit you up for outdoor advice! Speaking of which, you should join my buddies and I for camping one day. The one we're heading out to for the weekend is more of a relaxing trip but we've been wanting to go up north to Algonquin Park or Lake Superior Provincial Parks sometime in the future.

I definitely want to get out into Canada to do some camping and hiking, keep me posted. Have you been down in the Adirondacks yet? It's my favorite place. I'm working on hiking the 46 high peaks right now, planning to have them done by next summer.

3 hours ago, RBoy8 said:

I paired the wrong socks with one of my shoes before and after a while, my feet became sore from sliding around the shoe, even though the shoes themselves were snug.

What about changing the lacing? There's a bunch of hiking sites that discuss different ways to solve problems. I've never used any of them though. I wonder if you're just clamping the lacing tight across the top of your foot, but the front/toes and heel are slopping around. You say the shoe is snug, but if that's true the foot shouldn't have room to slide around. Do you have narrow feet? Or are you getting the ankle tight, but the foot is loose? Maybe try tying them a few eyelets low like a sneaker and see if they still fit.

I usually prefer hiking boots, but +1 for sneakers. Most times you don't need the boot, it's just heavier, clunky, and more likely to let your foot slosh.

20 hours ago, RBoy8 said:

Yeah yeah yeah :laugh::laugh:

Wow, my family cottage is on Six Mile Lake, small world.

I'd pass on the canoe and rent a fishing boat if I were you - the lake is beautiful to canoe but there is a lot of traffic on a long weekend to contend with. PM me if you need any info!

12 hours ago, Timbo Slice said:

7mm. Got it.

Please. 

Approach shoes. 

"Hiking sneakers" sounds so fucking Long Island  

And if Timo can't answer it...

I can.

They're trail running shoes, my mistake.

On 7/30/2016 at 1:33 AM, survolvo said:

I've been hiking 12 hours a day for the last week in these and have not one complaint.

If you're hiking in "hiking" sneakers, you're not really hiking; you're strolling.

Yeah, a few weeks ago I strolled 30 miles over 3 days and gained ~13,000ft of elevation through it all. Was pretty relaxing and refreshing.