Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

For converting to speed density how are you handling barometric corrections? Are you re-purposing the stock IAT for temperature measurements? How do you plan to deal with differences in VE made by varying engine displacement, cam differences and intake manifold differences?

As SimplyVolvo discovered and we could confirm in a test while driving the RAM #OxFA94 contains the exact current gear.
This could be used for boost by gear using map switching.

I implemented additional checks in the TCV duty cycle map switcher that check against a configurable maximum boost limit. If boost is not over limit then the check moves on to the gear byte and switches to an alternate if you're in first or second gear.

Edited by Tightmopedman9
  • Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Attention: The first 30 or so pages of this thread are outdated. Please refer to the M4.4 Wikia article where all the relevant information is currently being collated. Before asking any questions p

Crush it.

After alot of testing and rewriting code, we finally got a useful new mod working. As we all know, some time ago my dad Piet found out how to convert to bigger maf housings with the maf factor. Conver

Posted Images

@Lookforjoe: a maximum measured dutycy between 80% and 85% is optimal.

With a duty cycle higher then 85% injectors are becoming insufficient due to the fact that the discs in the injectors are essentially "floating", trying to open and close before they can complete each event. At this point the injectors actually put out less fuel.

But... with a max measured DC significantely below 80% you lose a lot of resolution wich will become especially evident at idling.

If your regulator is adjustable in small steps that would be very nice, that way you can finetune your injectors.

@Tightmopedman9: Checking first against a maximum boost limit sounds good. But maybe I completely misunderstand (which is very well possible) but didn't you mean to say that the check moves on if the boost is over the limit instead of not over the limit?

It took some time and an explanation of my son but I think I already understand.now. The boostlimit functions as a safeguard therefore the check moves on if the boost is not over the limit.

@Lookforjoe: a maximum measured dutycy between 80% and 85% is optimal.

With a duty cycle higher then 85% injectors are becoming insufficient due to the fact that the discs in the injectors are essentially "floating", trying to open and close before they can complete each event. At this point the injectors actually put out less fuel.

But... with a max measured DC significantely below 80% you lose a lot of resolution wich will become especially evident at idling.

If your regulator is adjustable in small steps that would be very nice, that way you can finetune your injectors.

Yes - this is what I had with the 750cc injectors, hence the upgrade.

140BarDataLog_zpsf44cf47b.png

I will try dropping the regulated pressure in small increments, once the weather clears.

Well, I'm almost sure the problem is this lonelec vagcom cable.

I can't even use the cable with the EasyOBDII free version program (and I can use the program with the cheap bluetooth OBDII). It also says timeout and I've already tried other drivers.

Fortunately I didn't pay for this cable.

I have another one arriving soon I hope.

i have one to sell....more than tested! heheeheh

This post is for the people who do want to fit a 3" S90 MAF in "OEM" style. 3" is still enough for a lot above 300bhp without clipping the MAF.

Get an airfilterbox no 9445349. It has an 3"opening and will fit in the car in the same way as the original.

Left the "new"one, right the original.

2014033001.jpg

Get a hose from the airfilterbox to the turbo. No 9445351. This one has a 3" MAF opening. Vida incorrectly states that a 70 classic from 1998 already has this hose. Not true, but whats new. ;) Remove the hose to the TCV. With the new turbo inlet this hose will be connected close to the turbo.

Old and new. Note the different locations of the vacuum connection points.

2014033003.jpg

Fits like it has always have been this way.

2014033005.jpg

-edit- Lookforjoe mentioned that te LMM sensor should look upwards to avoid moisture problems. He is right. In the picture above the LMM has been placed incorrectly "downwards".

After inserting Piet's S90 MAF table in to the MAF tool Simply Volvo made, it was time for a test drive.

De car drove fine. Fuel trims zeroisch. No more clipping MAF with my modest 1Bar and plenty MAF headroom for more power.

Thank you Simply Volvo and Piet for your good work. Made it a piece of cake to integrate the MAF into my new setup.

Edited by razorx
  • Upvote 3

hey i guys i just did my first pull while logging and really want to know how to log injector duty cycle. i just looked thru tons of pages on this thread and couldn't find it.

im getting knock and a knock sum of about -33 degs. at 4-5k....think these stock injectors aren't enough for this 15g on a 2.4.....boosting 12lbs solid.

really want to monitor the injector duty cycle so i can make sure this is in fact causing the knock.

HOW DO I LOG INJECTOR DUTY CYCLE!!!!????

sorry but alot of noobs get ignored in this thread.

Its the PTC interchangeable?

It is.

Although, I think it is a solenoid. Seems more logical to me. Vida calls it a PTC. But Orignal documentation has more quirks. ;)

Edit still not sure abot this part or the logic. My problem. ;)

Edited by razorx

@volvoguy23

You can log injection time and compare this to the engine speed:

http://m44.wikia.com/wiki/Data_logging

what is this suppose to mean? im already logging injection time and am getting 23.02 ms... now how do i compare this to engine speed in order to get injector duty cycle?

can somebody give me a definitive answer?