Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Attention: The first 30 or so pages of this thread are outdated. Please refer to the M4.4 Wikia article where all the relevant information is currently being collated. Before asking any questions p

Crush it.

After alot of testing and rewriting code, we finally got a useful new mod working. As we all know, some time ago my dad Piet found out how to convert to bigger maf housings with the maf factor. Conver

Posted Images

hey guys, just let me make 1 question, were can i found info about the maps switching? i've read somewere that we can switch between multiple maps using the thwo data banks and pressing the gas pedal with ignition on...i know how to do this, with 2 eproms or with a eprom double sized, but is more interesting doing it this way....

Rafa_bmx, I'm not sure if I understood your specific question.

You want to know how to use the map switching feature contained in "our" bins?

Prestart inputs:
l: enable logging
d: disable logging
s: enable XRAM streaming logging
o: enable pre-start OBD-II
x: XRAM dump (spits out F800-FFFF immediately)
p: dump port SFRs (spits out port SFRs P0-P7 immediately)
1: activate alternate map set 1
2: activate alternate map set 2
3: activate alternate map set 3
TPS: Cycles between stock maps, alt map 1, alt map 2, and alt map 3. MIL on for stock maps, off for set 1, even blink for set 2, uneven blink for set 3.

1) Map switching. Now with improved TPS detection vs the -608 rev2 experiment. No longer erronoeously detects the TPS being depressed due to some ADC weirdness on initial power-on.
Depress TPS to floor and release to activate alternate map set 1, send "2" or "3" via serial with key on engine off to activate the other sets. "!" outputed on the serial line to confirm TPS map 1 activation.

Map switching: boost/igntion/fuel maps, 3 sets of alternate maps. Floor throttle and release with key on but engine not yet started to select alternate map set 1 (confirm by looking for "!" output on the serial line). Send "2" or "3" via serial to select sets 2 or 3, confirmed by @ or #. Alternate map addresses in XDF. No input uses the normal map addresses.

I get this error message when opening a .csv file to convert :

Screenshot2014-03-07141630_zpsff506ebf.p

There is a .tpl file in the directory I made after this occurs, but it has a padlock icon on it, and I cannot open it within TPL....

Oooow There was still a little flaw in TPLog Analyzer. For testing purposes I let it read only files from a directory called: 'c:TP log reader' otherwise it would say "invalid filename"

I updated it and now it will read files from any directory.

http://www.meditekst.nl/M44/TunerPro/TPLogAnalyzer.exe

Please don't give up on it yet.........

Still getting the same error message when trying to open the .csv file - figured I'd try it again, since the .csv files don't display properly in Excel after changing decimal places to commas for the MAF table transfers :(

nice. so not maxing out with the 3.75" yet? or didn't go balls out yet?

Yeah - no highway WOT pulls yet. I picked up another bad cold from someone at work the past couple days, so I'm feeling low energy & off kilter. Probably wait until I'm clear headed before doing further investigation on this. :D

After mounting the more mothern inlet, I decided it was too restrictive.

Close to the turbo, the opening is 5cm wide, in stead of the 6cm of our standard tube.

So I placed the old inlet back, together wit a silicone elbow to fit the S90 MAF.

Using Piets calculations and Simply Volvo's editor I got a lot of knocking. After a lot of calculations and test drivers I concluded that at least for my setup (16T, 2.3L engine, everything stock except the new S90 MAF) The multiplication factor in the high regions of the MAF should be arount 1.17 compared to the standard MAF.

Hey funny. I took a look at this older post.

I mounted a S90/960 MAF which is 2.75" ID and used the values for the MAF table according to:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ar2g6ew-FJhDdC1XcHFwS052cWh1YWhLQ2pFNFZodUE&usp=sharing#gid=0

Where does this table com from? For me the S90/960 values work fine.

Same around 1.17 multiplication in the high regions.

The car drives a lot better now. ;) Sort of understatement.

Investigation will be continued.

Edited by razorx

@lookforyou: The program does'nt take into account that not everybody has the same .adx definitions as I have. That's where it goes wrong. I just have to find the time to correct that.

I will let you now as soon I have upgraded it.

@razorx: that's odd. With a multiplication factor of 1.34 I'am getting exactly the same fueltrims as with the stock 850 maf and no more knocking at 1.4 bar as with the stock 850 MAF ( i will have to adjust the igintion retard in that region) and no knocking at all until 1.2 bar boost.

Different multiplication factors for the lower and for the higher regions doesn't seems to be right to me.

Edited by Piet

@Piet: To me neither. 1.17 in the high regions work fine with my setup. Odd indeed. I wil do a further investigation on the lower parts of the curve.

Did you use only the S90 housing or the hole maf? If using only the housing probably something went wrong when fitting the sensor.

I'll be installing S90 MAF next saturday so this theme really matters for me. I'll use the 3rd S90 MAF revision values from Piet and I'll let you know how it goes.

@Piet: To me neither. 1.17 in the high regions work fine with my setup. Odd indeed. I wil do a further investigation on the lower parts of the curve.

mafcurves.jpg

Edited by Piet

We need more emperical data.

So....S70R, i'am really curious what your findings will be with the maf table.

It could be that there will be some tweaking involved, but I would do that according to deviations in fuel trims rather then knocking in the higher regions.

Using different multiplication factors for the higher regions and lower regions does'nt seem right to me.

When you have to lower the multpication factor for the whole curve to avoid knocking in the higher region, but the fuel trims will go off with that then in my opinion the cause for knocking has to be found elswhere.

On the other hand if knocking is avoided by lowering the the factor and fuel trims are not affected by this then that new factor could be the right one for you.

But different factors for different regions especially with a stock setup just cannot be right.

Edited by Piet

We need more emperical data.

So....S70R, i'am really curious what your findings will be with the maf table.

It could be that there will be some tweaking involved, but I would do that according to deviations in fuel trims rather then knocking in the higher regions.

Using different multiplication factors for the higher regions and lower regions does'nt seem right to me.

When you have to lower the multpication factor for the whole curve to avoid knocking in the higher region, but the fuel trims will go off with that then in my opinion the cause for knocking has to be found elswhere.

On the other hand if knocking is avoided by lowering the the factor and fuel trims are not affected by this then that new factor could be the right one for you.

But different factors for different regions especially with a stock setup just cannot be right.

You also have to consider the fact that after changing the stock maf for a S90 maf the ECU will hit other cells in the tables after the point the stock maf would have maxed out.

You even may have to rescale the load axis to meet with the higher measured loads.

Update. So if you happen to ever switch your boot loader switch while the car is running the car will die and you will most likely fry your ignition coil and/or cam sensor. I replaced both so I'm not sure which was toast but I suspect ignition coil. I don't believe I hurt my ECU but I'm running a spare and will update the wiki on what to do if you ever have an oops.