Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Attention: The first 30 or so pages of this thread are outdated. Please refer to the M4.4 Wikia article where all the relevant information is currently being collated. Before asking any questions p

Crush it.

After alot of testing and rewriting code, we finally got a useful new mod working. As we all know, some time ago my dad Piet found out how to convert to bigger maf housings with the maf factor. Conver

Posted Images

Still about halfway through this thread trying to catch up, contributed to Wiki today, compiled/edited/added Simply Volvo and Hussein's Ostrich install tut here. Thank you guys for all your hard work! Goal is to get all the answers in this thread on the wiki.

Edited by PsychoBeano
  • Upvote 4

Hi all,

New info regarding in-car flashing. I tried to disable the fan while in boot-mode and I mentioned a few post back that I wanted to "cut pin A22 during boot-mode". The fan control in the ECU works by grounding the pins A7 and A22 for the two speeds (only A22 active during boot-mode). I did put a relay in the space under the control units to disable the fan while in boot-mode.

This works perfect, no annoying fan under the hood while flashing.

Pinout of a standard 12V relay (A22 will go thru the relay, the cable needs to be cut):

85 = Pin A13

86 = Pin B8

30 = A22 (ECU side)

87a = A22 (harness side)

This will turn of the fan while in boot-mode by "cutting" the A22 cable. A recommendation is to install this as a complement to my "in-car flash kit" from the wikia.

Happy tuning! :)

// Turboforslund

Edited by Turboforslund

Awesome turbosforlund! Let's get this added to the wiki, if you have any pictures of the relay install would be great just to add whenever you get a chance.

If anybody is looking for a cheap laptop for tuning, I found the Asus T100ta laptop >mentioned by Razorx here for $200 shipped at newegg (refurbished). It's a pretty basic laptop/tablet combo but should be more than sufficient

Deal is good till Tuesday 2/17:
click

fixed link

Edited by PsychoBeano

This will turn of the fan while in boot-mode by "cutting" the A22 cable. A recommendation is to install this as a complement to my "in-car flash kit" from the wikia.

// Turboforslund

Awesome turbosforlund! Let's get this added to the wiki,

Done.

• Upvote 2

Been tweaking my Warmup Factors to get the best combination of coldstart/warmup at a variety of ambient temps. One problem has been that restart after sitting about 4hrs has been problematic - it would sometimes flood out & stall. Took awhile to figure out which particular temp cells of the warmup factor should be raised to compensate. At first I thought I needed to lean them further, but it seems the system was adding fuel to compensate for the factor being too lean, as the leaner value (within a range) actually created the flooding condition.

This is my current rescale - seems to (knock on wood) be good across the board - today was the coldest it's been (1degree F) when starting

608_HHXR_26GM1_PL_revD_COP4V5ColdStart_z

I've also managed to get my LTFT_I to zero out - resetting the under 1.2v end of the MAF scaleback to the proper 2.57 factor cleared that up

LTFT_IvaluesFeb13_zpsee13134e.png

Lookforjoe,

The REV7 xdf (and bin) that you are using, is it something that you would like to share? I'm hoping that it will help a lot to tweak my 50/50 E85/gasoline setup during warm-up/coldstart. It would be highly appriciated! :)

// Turboforslund

Edited by Turboforslund

Lookforjoe,

The REV7 xdf (and bin) that you are using, is it something that you would like to share? I'm hoping that it will help a lot to tweak my 50/50 E85/gasoline setup during warm-up/coldstart. It would be highly appriciated! :)

// Turboforslund

Sent you a PM.

Now an Ostrich question.

I know that this might be stupid to ask but I need to. The Ostrich -> Floppy cable -> EEPROM pinout is making me crazy. I get it from the Ostrich to to floppy cable: pin 1+2 from ostrich is unused and can be cut if you have a 34pin cable, pin 3 at the ostrich (VCCT) goes to which pin at the EEPROM? Is it going to pin 32 at the EEPROM (Vcc)? A bit more guideing a few pins down the list would be super helpful.

Does anyone have more info to help me out? A list which describes like following:

pin 3 at ostrich = pin 32 at eeprom,

pin 4 at ostrich = pin 1 at eeprom,

pin 5 at ostrich = unused

and so on...

Am I stupid, Is the ostrich guide already stating this clearly but I don't see it?

// Turboforslund

pins 1 and 2 are not connected so pin 3 becomes pin 1

Ribbon 1 - ecu 32

Ribbon 2 - ecu 1

Ribbon 3 - ecu 31

Ribbon 4 - ecu 2

Ribbon 5 - ecu 30

Ribbon 6 - ecu 3

Ribbon 7 - ecu 29

Ribbon 8 - ecu 4

I was looking for something like this, is this a valid pinout? Is it correct?

// Turboforslund