Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Attention: The first 30 or so pages of this thread are outdated. Please refer to the M4.4 Wikia article where all the relevant information is currently being collated. Before asking any questions p

Crush it.

After alot of testing and rewriting code, we finally got a useful new mod working. As we all know, some time ago my dad Piet found out how to convert to bigger maf housings with the maf factor. Conver

Posted Images

This will work if you set the "size" to "2 bytes (16 bit)"

Maybe it's best to set the output type to hex digits.

You then will have to fill in "0000" for the aircomod.

To restore back to the old situation "826B"

Anything else can give unpredictable behaviour though!!

I'll will make a little app with wich you can implement safely the mod, later on

Who is in control of the revisions these days?

I saw the droid went down, was that under Mercuric's supervision?

I'd say it's time for a new revision with all the new features, and an accurate desciption of these new features.

Also there's a LPT thingy going on, which might deserve its own bin.

I have a feeling bins, features, and information on them, are starting to get fragmented.

It would be much less confusing with tight revision control.

I'm prepared to volunteer if no one wants to take up the task.

Edited by venderbroeck
  • Upvote 6

I think its better that someone who knows his way in the bin/assembly should be supervisor of the revisions

Maarten (vanderbroeck) is the right man for the job in my opinion, so lets make him supervisor.

You can host the site if you want.

Edited by Piet
  • Upvote 1

Yep, that's what I said too :) The files are available as a whole (link posted earlier) or as file-by-file.

Vanderbroek can download the tarball, reorder / sort / update, then contact me to upload and reorganise.

I'd be happy to help with something at least here for everything I took for granted.

Edited by Midnight Caller
  • Upvote 1

This will work if you set the "size" to "2 bytes (16 bit)"

Maybe it's best to set the output type to hex digits.

You then will have to fill in "0000" for the aircomod.

To restore back to the old situation "826B"

Anything else can give unpredictable behaviour though!!

I'll will make a little app with wich you can implement safely the mod, later on

Thanks for the clarification. Changed to Hex 16bit.

Yep, that's what I said too :) The files are available as a whole (link posted earlier) or as file-by-file.

Vanderbroek can download the tarball, reorder / sort / update, then contact me to upload and reorganise.

I'd be happy to help with something at least here for everything I took for granted.

Seems like a plan.

Unless anybody has any objections? Tmm9 is this alright with you? (as you've started this thread).

Thanks for the clarification. Changed to Hex 16bit.

With this you'll change the two bytes at once, but you probably did understand that already

Edited by Piet
  • Upvote 1

The car will run on them, but there will be no turboregulation because the circuitry for that is completely absent.

Since I don't use M4.4 turbo regulation at all, can I get NA ECU's & add the COP circuitry and that's all that's needed as far as hardware goes? NA ECU's are cheaper of course. I like to have a stash of spare ECU's to fiddle with :D

That was'n entirely true what I said there, for manuals it's only a matter of two soldering bridges to make a non turbo ECU suitable for turboregulation.

I have to admit that it was a fruitless and rather low level attempt of me (yes I am ashamed of myself :blush: ) to keep the non turbo M44s cheap.

But you don't use the M44 turboregulation?

Are you using a boostcontroller instead?

Why don't you use the excellent boost regulation of the M44, that way the boostregulation is much better integrated in the whole load concept of the M44

Especially now your load isn't maxing out anymore.

Edited by Piet

Wow, good work Piet, should this be added to the wiki?

also razor, that carputer setup is pretty awesome, makes me want to do something similar

i do have access to mini pc's and have a tablet laying around... hmm

Edited by Stevo11811
  • Upvote 1

I was going to make something like this for my double din but for some reason I can't read the data stream with my microcontroller :( I did get it working by reading boost pressure directly from the sensor. http://s1352.photobucket.com/user/pfloyd36069/media/Mobile%20Uploads/VID_20130506_170904_588_zps997adc45.mp4.html

Edited by PFloyd36069

Hi,

I would like to have the AC bin mod on/off by values of 0 and 1 in tunerpro. Wouldn't it work if the conversion factor in the xdf is X/33387? It would mean that a value of "0" will put the value of 0000 at adresses 0x6AC8 + 0x6AC8 (AC mod activated) and the value "1" would be 826B at 0x6AC8 + 0x6AC8 (AC mod deactivated) if 2 bytes is choosen (826B in hex is 33387 in decimal). Examples is for the manual bin!

Would it work? It would be nice to have the mod changed by simple numbers of 0 or 1 instead of hex values.

// Turboforslund