Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

I have a flywheel with holes for the RPM sensor, it does give a symmetrical squarewave though on the oscilloscope.

The distance between the holes is exactly the diameter of the holes.

flywheel1a.jpg

flywheel2a.jpg

Edited by Piet
  • Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Attention: The first 30 or so pages of this thread are outdated. Please refer to the M4.4 Wikia article where all the relevant information is currently being collated. Before asking any questions p

Crush it.

After alot of testing and rewriting code, we finally got a useful new mod working. As we all know, some time ago my dad Piet found out how to convert to bigger maf housings with the maf factor. Conver

Posted Images

Sure about that?

52h: ignition time and half-teeth counter. Bit 7 selects between teeth high or low. (3")
Rest of byte is time counter in 16machine-cycles= 19.2us?
This divides half teeth in four, also 0.75".
It sure sounded like that when I read the text.
In my dialect "also" is "altså" which in turn is "thus" in English.
I haven't studied the signal processing circuit or measured the raw sensor signal, so the square wave signal could possibly be synthetically created based on only one flank of the raw signal for all I know.

Sure about that?

60 tooth makes 6 degree per rising edge but the Volvo uses at least 3 different sensor patterns. There's the old style SM pattern using holes, new style SM and DM pattern using square teeth and the AT pattern which is square but like the early flywheels the holes do not really have equal spacing which goes against 3 degree spacing on both edges.

{quantisierung 1 geberradzahn (:= 6 grad KW)}

Volvo also used different sensors for each pattern.

I fail to see were the spacing was not equal? There is a gap at some point, but other than that all the holes/teeth have equal space between them.

Well, I can image that at first glance, with the holes, spacing doesn't look equal but when you measure it, it appears that it is , as the pictures show

Edited by Piet

Volvo also used different sensors for each pattern.

I fail to see were the spacing was not equal? There is a gap at some point, but other than that all the holes/teeth have equal space between them.

The teeth have equal spacing of 6 degree yes but it was mentioned that Motronic uses 3 degree as a basis for calculating the ignition timing which goes down to a resolution of 0.75 degree.

It was suggested that Motronic uses the rising and the falling edge of the crank sensor where rising is 0 and falling 3 degree until the next rising which should be another 3 degree step.

I'm not convinced it works that way even though Piet measured equal tooth and gap length.

I think, not sure, motronic is timing the tooth distance, and maybe also length using the falling edge signal, but calculating the middle isntead of using the falling edge as a fixed degree point. .

I don't think logging dwell is very usefull anyway. You'll most likely find values for it exactly the same as in the table, because the controller doesn't do any additional alterations after retrieving the value out of the dwell table.

Gotcha. I can always use MapTrace viewed through the Dwell table, if I want to know what values it's using. If there are no corrections/alterations from other inputs it's of no consequence.

First setup of in car touchscreen friendly monitoring and logging with TunerPro succeeded:

2015030802.jpg

Works on a Car PC, or if you prefer like me, with a hidden mini laptop or NUC wireless controlled by an Android device. I have to do a bit more testing with screen scaling.

Integrating an OSK for the save log function will come soon. The button part of the screen is a sort of protected area. Maximized programs respect this.

In dash I us a double din Parrot Asteroid Smart. Now I have best of both Worlds:

Android: Navigation, hands free phone, multimedia and navigation.

Windows: TunerPro and probably VolFCR, Brick-Diag and maybe LPi-diag.

Edited by razorx
  • Upvote 2

It also seems that the rpm pickup interrupt signal (INT3) doesn't affect the bank switching in any particular way.

Well that would be very odd since it's routine is in the upperbank and during the main running loop it has to do about 80 routines in the lower bank. There must be continuously situations in which the interrupt is triggered while the microcontroller is busy in one of these routines.

Sorry for the interruption of useful progress in the awesome thread but..

i am finally getting round to installing my S90 MAF (and greens) so I am attempting to use SV's MAF Editor tool and guess i'm just dense or something when it comes to UI's. Read wiki and as many posts as I could on the topic; maybe some of it's out of date; don't know..

Open my bin in "M4.4 MAF Table Editor" then i

1. highlight rt side table entries
  2. Functon is Multiply and factor to box to the right is "1.34"
  3. lots of places here and on wiki it says use "1,34" (comma instead of dot) but that makes the result in table off by factor of 100 and causes exe to crash when saving result

Final dumb question; what table does this edit in TunerPro? Haven't figured out how to use bin diff tool in TP either; again UI issue.. haven't got round to trying regular bin editior..

Sorry for the dumb questions but time challenged as usual..

Mein Deutsch ist leider nicht viel besser als deine. I'm Norwegian.

verfeinerung sounds like forfining in Norwegian meaning refinement.

I belive the tooth increments are divided into smaller parts than 6 degrees.

Another Norwegian! :D