Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

Hi,

Checksum error is from ostrich. ECU probsbably gets confused when ROM gets rewritten while the ECU is running.

There is a set bit to turn off that CEL, It's in the damos somewhere. Just look around for checksum or the CEL number.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Attention: The first 30 or so pages of this thread are outdated. Please refer to the M4.4 Wikia article where all the relevant information is currently being collated. Before asking any questions p

Crush it.

After alot of testing and rewriting code, we finally got a useful new mod working. As we all know, some time ago my dad Piet found out how to convert to bigger maf housings with the maf factor. Conver

Posted Images

Hi,

Checksum error is from ostrich. ECU probsbably gets confused when ROM gets rewritten while the ECU is running.

There is a set bit to turn off that CEL, It's in the damos somewhere. Just look around for checksum or the CEL number.

Yeah, it happening a lot more since adjusting the injector settings whist the engine is running

With the Ostrich, I sometimes get a ROM cel if I do live updates (emulation mode), so I make a point of also saving the bin and flashing that, that has taken care of that issue for me. You might ask why bother using emulation mode in that case - the answer to that would be that I don't need to close the table being edited in order to save the table changes.

Unless I've missed an option to save table entries without closing?

Is there any way to log when error codes occur? Ive just been for a 90 miles drive, 60 miles of it was a 50 mph cruise due to the speed limit through road works. When I got home, I checked the codes and had 13!!

error%20codes.png

On a good note, the trims are bang on

trims.png

Are you sure your checksum is allright ? Maybe those codes are thown because of a bad checksum ? It's weird knocking on all 5. Coolant is ok, same level ? Just to rule out a head gasket.

@Turboforslund: I have the same problem, if I can't undo, I close the table without saving and do it all over again

Edited by Midnight Caller

Thats the thing, I only had 2 -2.25 and a 0 knock, all at low RPM in the log.

Screenshot%202015-04-11%2019.16.53.png

@ avintlarge, did you use a fresh bin or is this with the bin you have the first problems?

Think there is a real problem when jou have 13 cels :P

Its always done it, It was doing it last year and has done it with every bin Ive tried. I could just disable misfire detection but thats just hiding the issue

Edited by Avinitlarge

With that much errorcodes you should notice something is wrong while driving when they are real, I would think.

It could be something with your ECU though, instead of a real problem with your ignition, especially while there's also a ROM fault error.

Maybe something with the ostrich or the connector of the Ostrich or something like that??

Isn't 5.7 load a bit high for 20% TPS and 5 PSI ? Or you rescaled the load ? I am thinking this because my LPT had a max of 6.2 load and that was at a far higher TPS and rpm.

My 2 cents...

I've been through a lot of my logs, seems quite normal for my setup. I've rescaled the load to 12.24 and hit it quite often.

Ive just been going through the bin and may have come across a discrepancy.

In the bin Ive been using I have 4 values showing under not defined

0964 is FB

0A03 is EF

10964 is FB

10A03 is EF

but in the original COP bin, they are all FE. Not sure if its anything to worry about

With that much errorcodes you should notice something is wrong while driving when they are real, I would think.

It could be something with your ECU though, instead of a real problem with your ignition, especially while there's also a ROM fault error.

Maybe something with the ostrich or the connector of the Ostrich or something like that??

I've tried 2 ECU's and checked the ostrich connections, I did have a loose connection on the ostrich last year, it kept on loosing connection with TP but no other issues. I've creating a fresh bin and going to see what happens

Edited by Avinitlarge

Is there any way to log when error codes occur? Ive just been for a 90 miles drive, 60 miles of it was a 50 mph cruise due to the speed limit through road works. When I got home, I checked the codes and had 13!!

You could probably get RPM,LOAD,ECT and VBATT from freeze frame data stored with the DTC.

To see when it happens you would have to continously log memory addresses containing fault codes to see when they appear.

Example:

83 7A 13 AE 01 BF - Read DTC
85 13 7A EE 01 7B 54 D0 - Two DTCs found: 7B and 54
84 7A 13 AD 54 00 12 - Read status and freeze frame for DTC 54
98 13 7A ED 54 00 20 52 00 1A 23 50 01 A0 00 64 00 28 64 A5 00 04 10 00 00 00 AF
PERMANENT FAULT
SIGNAL TOO LOW
P0410
CNT.MIL ON= 2
RPM =0 RPM (0x00)
LOAD RL =2.00ms (0x28)
ECT =20'C (0x64)
BATT =11.6V (0xA5)