Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

Ive just been going through the bin and may have come across a discrepancy.

In the bin Ive been using I have 4 values showing under not defined

0964 is FB

0A03 is EF

10964 is FB

10A03 is EF

These values are correct.

(they have to do with the COP)

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Attention: The first 30 or so pages of this thread are outdated. Please refer to the M4.4 Wikia article where all the relevant information is currently being collated. Before asking any questions p

Crush it.

After alot of testing and rewriting code, we finally got a useful new mod working. As we all know, some time ago my dad Piet found out how to convert to bigger maf housings with the maf factor. Conver

Posted Images

To see when it happens you would have to continously log memory addresses containing fault codes to see when they appear.

Does anybody knows how and where the DTC codes are stored, at which memory addresses?

I haven't spent much time looking for fault codes yet, but I'm curious about the bytes XERFLG1 and similar.

Most of the predefined 20-byte dynamic records for logging contain a bunch of these.

Dumped memory F800-FFFF to have a look now. (99.9% of the time spent on Microsoft Visual C++)

The freeze frame data in my software version was stored here:

FE1D: 30 52 00 1A 23 50 01 57 FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
FE32: 20 52 00 1A 23 50 01 A0 00 64 00 28 64 A5 00 04 10 00 00 00
Maybe useful memory addresses:
XFRFR freeze frame for isocarb 9141-2
XFSPEND Fehlerendepointer

Thats odd, they are different in a fresh COP bin compared to the bin I am using Wrong quote I suppose? :)

You probably ment this one?

These values are correct.

(they have to do with the COP)

I have the exact same values on those addresses, no problems or DTC codes.

There were two versions of the COP mod.

Edited by Piet

Hi,

I've made a machined MAF mounting for Bosch HFM 5 (ME7 cars?) a while ago that I do not use anymore. If someone with ME7 MAF conversion thoughts wants a steel version of it I can send it for the postal costs. Plug included. Let me know if you're interested.

20150412_223300_zpsakcgmuvk.jpg

20150412_223322_zpsmgjinhso.jpg

// Turboforslund

Edited by Turboforslund

Hello guys,

Regarding the in car ECU flashing. Do you think it could be done this way ? I'm thinking we would get rid of the relay and three pole switch, making life a bit easier.

Could we connect the battery through a switch directly to pin #A22 on ECU (fan FULL speed), or are we risking to burn something in the ECU (the output driver for the fan relay) ? It's the red line in the picture :

in_car_ecu.jpg

If when entering boot mode, the #A22 pin is driven internally to zero volts, applying battery voltage to it would lead to current entering the ECU. That would be OK that pin has high impedance, but you guys know better. If the pull-up / pull-down resistor is in the fan relay, I don't think it would be a problem.

What do you think ?

Edited by Midnight Caller

Hi!

Most likely the ECU won't like the 15V input on the ground output. It might work, I wouldn't test it unless I have an unlimited storage of ECU:s.

The simplest way would be to use a 6-pin switch that can "cut" the A22 cable when switching to boot-mode. Do you get my idea? It will require a lot more cables between the dashboard and the ECU socket but it will work! Why don't you just put a relay in, is it tight spacewise or other reasons?

// Turboforslund

Edited by Turboforslund

Talked to a good friend of mine and we've come up with another schematic. I want to use only one switch, and keep things tidy (I'll disconnect A22 pin inside ECU and re-route-it through a 5 pin relay) like this. I wouldn't want to have a plane dashboard of switches just to be able to flash :))

When switch is off, relay is closed between 30 and 87a, and the fan is working as normal. When I want to flash, I flick the switch, relay switches output between 30 and 87, and fan is disconnected.

I'll be installing the switch on the ECU case, so on each flash I will pop up the hood, but anyway I won't be flashing when driving so I guess it's not a problem.

@Turboforslund: We posted in the same time :)

Flasht.jpg

Edited by Midnight Caller

From my experience if you turn the key on then flip the boot mode switch, the fans do not run. I have flashed like that without issue but its probably not right! :lol:

This is not my experience.

• Upvote 1