Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!

Here's a link to a set that will work on most european cars for removal from the sockets. http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-CC-4Motion-VR6/Tools/Electronic/ES11414/

Those industrial pins are a pain to remove without as you said, but maybe new ones with the correct crimping tools? http://www.bosch-connectors.com/bogscoca/category/3

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Attention: The first 30 or so pages of this thread are outdated. Please refer to the M4.4 Wikia article where all the relevant information is currently being collated. Before asking any questions p

Crush it.

After alot of testing and rewriting code, we finally got a useful new mod working. As we all know, some time ago my dad Piet found out how to convert to bigger maf housings with the maf factor. Conver

Posted Images

I carefully cut the spare socket to extract the pins. They are a nightmare

I just 2 paperclips and brute force.
They do come out a litle bent, but the pins have little jackets which can be bent back into shape quite easily.

not very refined I know, but it gets the job done :D

Happen to have any pictures?

I have successfully got the pins out from a junkyard socket and put them in my car's socket.

To put it back in place was pretty easy. Just slide them inside the hole and they will lock.

To firstly remove them is a really nightmare. What I did was a complete strip of the plastic around the pins.

Of course the socket is not usable anymore but I got it from a junkyard only for that purpose, so not problem about that for me.

Hi,

I used two sharp needles on both sides of the pin before pulling the pin out. Don't forget to flick the pin lock switch! A bit tricky but it works!  I have removed some pins as spare and used the stripped sockets to the bench-flashing unit.

// Turboforslund

Here's a link to a set that will work on most european cars for removal from the sockets. http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-CC-4Motion-VR6/Tools/Electronic/ES11414/

Those industrial pins are a pain to remove without as you said, but maybe new ones with the correct crimping tools? http://www.bosch-connectors.com/bogscoca/category/3

​Thanks for the link VolvoNor but do you know which connectors on there fit the 850/S/V70 ECU connector?

You guys that removed the pins w/o destroying plastic connector housing must be magicians!  I made myself a pin removal tool out of .032" feeler gauge stock; still no luck; destroyed the connector pin getting it out of the housing and yes, I had removed the lock.

So i caved and went to the local volvo dealer parts dept.  After some discussion we figured out the smaller pin P/N: 978925.  A bit over $2 per pin but i only needed a few.   Had to special order of course.

The bummer is they don't come with pigtails so when they came in I walked back to service dept with some wire.  Talked them into using their special crimper tool to attach some pigtails and i was set.

I wish i ordered some of the big pins but didn't; need to go in there again get some of those on order; sorry, i don't have a volvo P/N for that one..

BTW: if you get new pins, there's no need to remove the connector housing lock (or whatever it's called); new pin will slide right into an empty slot and lock in.  Just make sure you get the orientation correct..

• Like 1

The new routines we are creating probably require permanent disabling of the SAS routine to harvest its xram variables.
Would this be problematic for anyone?

Thats the first thing I delete!

To extract the pins I use a small split pin/cotter pin... cut the legs to the same length and grind the "round" outside edge off..open up the legs a bit and make them parallel so it pushes in.

You can remove the pins easily once you get the tool to insert all the way.

It's really not that much rocketscience to get the pins out of the ECU socket though:

Just insert two small screwdrivers  longside the pins

Turn them 90 degr 

And just pull the pin out (some blund force is needed)

It will be when the new bin is released.
Bit more delay on that front, but it will be worth it in the end.
I also plan to make a little pdf which explains the new custom features.
We have to tidy things up a bit, and tmm9 had an useful addition as well which has to be inserted.