Tuners Rejoice! Free Tuning For M4.4!


Recommended Posts

@rkam  et al,

Looking for comprehensive list of M4.4 ECUs and found this post via the wiki:

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topic/173097-628-ecu-question/?do=findComment&comment=2421224

Question: are M4.4.x equivalent to M4.4 ECUs for our M4.4 self-tuning purposes?  I.e. is the difference only firmware?

TIA!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Attention: The first 30 or so pages of this thread are outdated. Please refer to the M4.4 Wikia article where all the relevant information is currently being collated. Before asking any questions p

Crush it.

After alot of testing and rewriting code, we finally got a useful new mod working. As we all know, some time ago my dad Piet found out how to convert to bigger maf housings with the maf factor. Conver

Posted Images

On 9/23/2018 at 11:03 AM, Avinitlarge said:

The NA ones need modifying ever so slightly, 2 Zero ohm resistors so the TCV works. There are other differences but seem to make no difference
I made this list up

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AoHpLXf9TkmGyiwZDC9sPz5czmh0
 

Thanks for your list  @Avinitlarge; yours seems to be subset of @rkam 's list and everything on there is M4.4.1 so those should work.  I've used 204 460's and 204 610's so far and know they work.

Can you show us where these 0 ohm jumpers go on the N/A, or is it obvious if you just follow the TCV pins back?

Edited by gdog
Link to post
Share on other sites

My list is a filtered print of Bosch part numbers and description from Bosch Esitronic many years ago.

I don't know what the difference between M4.4, M4.4.1 and M4.4.2 is. 

Long time ago I started tracing lines on the circuit board, but never finished.
It would be practical to have a scaled scanned clean circuit board with all components removed, but I don't have any already damaged to use for this.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, rkam said:

My list is a filtered print of Bosch part numbers and description from Bosch Esitronic many years ago.

I don't know what the difference between M4.4, M4.4.1 and M4.4.2 is. 

Long time ago I started tracing lines on the circuit board, but never finished.
It would be practical to have a scaled scanned clean circuit board with all components removed, but I don't have any already damaged to use for this.

 

I have a water damaged ECU that is scrap. If I ever get chance, I will strip it of its components.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the car on the dyno over the weekend with some interesting results. 

Being an automatic, and seemingly unable to make the car hold gear, we're having to start our power runs from 130km/h with the transmission in 3 to prevent it downshifting - is this the only way to do power runs with an automatic, or is there a way to make the transmission hold gear? 

The other issue we're having is a hesitation and misfire during low speed, which we believe is the LDR routine activating. Adjusting the Throttle Angle threshold for its activation shifts the miss to where ever we set the new angle to. Why might the LDR routine cause a misfire? Is it just not set at the appropriate angle? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, wildstyle said:

The other issue we're having is a hesitation and misfire during low speed, which we believe is the LDR routine activating. Adjusting the Throttle Angle threshold for its activation shifts the miss to where ever we set the new angle to. Why might the LDR routine cause a misfire? Is it just not set at the appropriate angle? 

Are you referring to "DKADN Throttle angle threshold for charge pressure increase" or something else?  Mine's set to 10 for all rpms.  Don't think I've messed with it.

What do mean by low speed?  Talking low load on the engine, or what?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, gdog said:

Are you referring to "DKADN Throttle angle threshold for charge pressure increase" or something else?  Mine's set to 10 for all rpms.  Don't think I've messed with it.

What do mean by low speed?  Talking low load on the engine, or what?

1

Throttle angle threshold for LDR active. Currently at its original value of 20. 

Low speed/low load on the engine - which is where the 20-degree angle is usually seen. 

Where ever we shift the angle to, is where the misfire and hesitation will occur. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, wildstyle said:

Throttle angle threshold for LDR active. Currently at its original value of 20. 

Low speed/low load on the engine - which is where the 20-degree angle is usually seen. 

Where ever we shift the angle to, is where the misfire and hesitation will occur. 

OK I found it; it's not what I mentioned in previous post.  What you're referring to is uniqueid 0x20CC in .xdf file.  I've never heard of anyone mucking with that or having an issue with it either.  On my bin it's been repurposed for "boost threshold control" by @venderbroeck

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gdog said:

OK I found it; it's not what I mentioned in previous post.  What you're referring to is uniqueid 0x20CC in .xdf file.  I've never heard of anyone mucking with that or having an issue with it either.  On my bin it's been repurposed for "boost threshold control" by @venderbroeck

I'm not having an issue with it, per say, but with a misfire occurring at low load that I can shift the location of by adjusting the angle required to activate LDR. Why is LDR control causing a misfire if all it seemingly controls is boost? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also running venderbroeck's boost threshold bin but it's over boosting to the point the ecu is shutting down when boosting.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4q0bedcsvnbccu2/boost cut1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qu3s4xj262g4gjh/boost cut2.jpg?dl=0

As you can see the logged TCV setpoint is 10.46 but the setpiont in the bin is 6.4

I've PM'd venderbroeck about this but he seams to have disappeared of the face of the earth.

Does anyone no what needs to be adjusted to stop it from over boosting ?

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2018 at 11:59 AM, oblark said:

I'm also running venderbroeck's boost threshold bin but it's over boosting to the point the ecu is shutting down when boosting.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4q0bedcsvnbccu2/boost cut1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qu3s4xj262g4gjh/boost cut2.jpg?dl=0

As you can see the logged TCV setpoint is 10.46 but the setpiont in the bin is 6.4

I've PM'd venderbroeck about this but he seams to have disappeared of the face of the earth.

Does anyone no what needs to be adjusted to stop it from over boosting ?

Thanks

Yeah I wish @venderbroeck was on here more too but everyone's got their life to live.  Hopefully in the future..  :blink:

What do you mean by TCV setpoint?  And I couldn't really tell much from those pics. 

Was the BTC (boost threshold control) ever working? 

Did you try to disable it (BTC) and problem goes away? 

What's your "boost threshold for LDR active" table look like?  I.e. at what setpoint does LDR control kick in?  On mine the table units are in bar BTW, and I have mine set to 0.54 for all rpms.

 

 

On 10/4/2018 at 12:26 AM, wildstyle said:

Why is LDR control causing a misfire if all it seemingly controls is boost?

Yeah, sorry; doesn't make any sense to me either.  :blink:

Edited by gdog
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.