My Volvo S40 T4 700hp with Holset

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi! This is my little s40 t4 from 1998 year. It has now about 700hp / 700nm with 3.0bar boost pressure. Here you can find more specs in english: http://www.garaget.org/?car=92953 - B4194T

308km/h @ 1609m. 191mph on standing mile. Stock headgasket + stock head bolts and 2.5" intercooler piping and 600x300x89mm garrett intercooler.

Butriz: V40 B4194T with modified HX40 Sute: V40 B4204T2 with darton mid sleeves and high compression Kasipuokki: 850 T5 with diesel block and S60R cylinder head Vekku: V40 B4194T2 with

Posted Images

Dual breather, first one on stock location 1.5liters and blows to extra breather 1.5liters also and from extra breather air goes to under engine. Both breathers have return to oil pan over oil level and splash shield on those returns inside oilpan. :)

dualbreather.jpg

Edited by VulvaS40T4
  • Upvote 2

Nice work!

I found having dual baffled cans worked the best in order to preserve as much oil returning to the block as possible under high rpm / load situations. Yours is much more compact :) My secondary can was equal to engine displacement = 2.3l 

• 2 weeks later...

Restriction point of the flow was not in cylinder head port or intake manifold flange so no need to do anything to those. :) My cylinder head flows with 11mm lift 204hp (4cyl) / 255hp (5cyl) so its plenty. ;)

I will now flow test my modified intake manifold with cylinderhead and also stock volvo intake manifold with cylinder head. Its hole package flow what counts. ;)

5 hours ago, VulvaS40T4 said:

Restriction point of the flow was not in cylinder head port or intake manifold flange so no need to do anything to those. :) My cylinder head flows with 11mm lift 204hp (4cyl) / 255hp (5cyl) so its plenty. ;)

I will now flow test my modified intake manifold with cylinderhead and also stock volvo intake manifold with cylinder head. Its hole package flow what counts. ;)

Nice. Great that you can flow test to gauge actual performance. What difference do you anticipate from the design change, or was it mostly to increase ID?

18 minutes ago, Martijn_B said:

How long do your runners measure?

Looks close 6" from flange to plenum to me... lets see what he says :)

Runners are total 10" from intake valve to plenium. Just runners from intake manifold flange are 6.5". Optimum length would be 12" from intake valve on my engine but space wont allow it.

Runner size is now optimal and also shape is okay now so im hoping to get 190hp flow with intake manifold on cylinder head. Cylinder head alone flows 204hp. :)

• Johann changed the title to My Volvo S40 T4 700hp with Holset