No more OEM Volvo Radiators for our 850s???

So I'm going to finally replace my leaky Nissens radiator.  Lo and behold, Volvo has discontinued their radiators?  Part 8603770?

Damn.  The Nissens seem to fail within 5 years, yet the Volvo OEM had a reputation of 10-15 years.

There is the DO88 option, all aluminum, but we're talking $450.

Any NOS Volvo Radiators out there?

I have had 2 failed, 1 stock, 1 Nissen.  I went all aluminum after that.  My Nissen did last around 7 years.

So did you get a DO88?  I'm willing to spend the extra money, IF it actually lasts like it should.  Not worth the money if it just lasts a couple years more.

Also, will everything still hook up OK?  I've heard it pushes the intercooler out a bit.

I have the DO88, yes.  I have been running it for a year and a half I believe.  No issues.

It is thicker than stock, maybe 10mm or so, and it will extend into the engine bay that far.  If you are mostly stock, no issues.  I had to change my lower intercooler pipe.  I had a 3" pipe and it no longer fit, so I had to adapt to a 2.5" and move to 3" once I cleared the radiator.  The outlet on my intercooler is 2.5", so not a big deal.

ive had the do88 - its a really nice piece... although i dont have too many miles on it (probably 1.5k) its held water for 3 years... 

so that is just an aux trans cooler right? so get the turbo one and run a separate trans cooler perhaps?

It has both the trans and oil coolers as it is basically to replace the stock radiator.  I don't use either.

On 3/3/2021 at 7:24 PM, lcc014 said:

DO88 only sells 850 radiator for Turbo version, not for NA/GLT version.

The turbo one will work just fine in an NA. Just ignore the oil cooler hookups.

• Upvote 1
On 3/5/2021 at 9:14 PM, erikv11 said:

The turbo one will work just fine in an NA. Just ignore the oil cooler hookups.

I see, thank you for the clarification.