Everytime I think I am out Volvo pulls me back in.


Recommended Posts

Nice find.

I am not sure the brakes actually came from iPd.  I don't think they were selling them at the time this car was built, and I don't believe they ever sold the 2 piece rotors.  That looks like the Euro Sport Tuning setup that used custom aluminum hats on Porsche 323mm rotors.  iPd sold their kit later using S/V60R one piece rotors.  Cheaper, but heavier than your setup.

For the TME tune, I bet that Marco custom tuned the car instead of an off the shelf TME tune.  It probably has a better power curve.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do it up Gary.

I shot you a text, if you haven't changed your number in the last few years lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Zappo said:

Nice find.

I am not sure the brakes actually came from iPd.  I don't think they were selling them at the time this car was built, and I don't believe they ever sold the 2 piece rotors.  That looks like the Euro Sport Tuning setup that used custom aluminum hats on Porsche 323mm rotors.  iPd sold their kit later using S/V60R one piece rotors.  Cheaper, but heavier than your setup.

For the TME tune, I bet that Marco custom tuned the car instead of an off the shelf TME tune.  It probably has a better power curve.

Good info. The rotors are definitely 323 so you're probably very accurate on that also. I'm just excited to be back in the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m so glad you ended up with that. That car had been listed on Autotrader for months. No images, very little information, but it was listed as a T5 with a manual. I believe the car was discussed in the Swedespeed Unaffiliated Craigslist thread a while back, but nobody ever had much luck getting any concrete information, and it sounds as if it took you some time to hear back from the seller.

I *love* that some random Autotrader ad had such a hidden gem. A low-mileage, somewhat significant, and rare t5m with all the goodies was just floating out there for months and months. 
Have fun with it, and post some more pics!

Edited by B_Dub
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

awesome Gary.

 

I agree with George.  The 2 piece look just like the ones I got off Euro Sport.

 

can you source the Team Dynamics still?

 

VST's are impossible to find anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome! Im with B dub - I love how this unicorn was just sitting out there

cant wait to hear/see some progress with it

Also, I second mike ^ still got a team dynamics hook up?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, flyfishing3 said:

awesome Gary.

 

I agree with George.  The 2 piece look just like the ones I got off Euro Sport.

 

can you source the Team Dynamics still?

 

VST's are impossible to find anymore.

Do you still have the eurosport kit?

57 minutes ago, gmsgltr said:

Awesome! Im with B dub - I love how this unicorn was just sitting out there

cant wait to hear/see some progress with it

Also, I second mike ^ still got a team dynamics hook up?

I sorta do but not nearly the deep discounts. Dude got tight on me. Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

You always find the coolest cars Gary, excited to see your progress on this one!! 
 

I think a set of the OZ Ultraleggeras like your red T5M would be pretty sweet and show of the BBK nicely

Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually thinking about a set of refreshed Nebulas or a set of Rota Titans.  Thoughts?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Still very much in transition but here is where I am currently.  Completed a LENGTHY stage 0.  This car came to me as a time capsule, and not all in a good way.  Original plugs, wires cap and rotor.  Wires were dated 1996.  TME springs looked good but were very tired so I swapped them out with Eibach.  Installed C70 subframe and all the braces, swapped out the headlights and corners for C70 jewels.  Decided to sell the Nebulas and go with 17" wheels and used the money I made by selling the two BBK's on....you guessed it a BBK.    Still have to install the rears.  The only issue I am currently having is tracing down the "large evap leak".  Got the smell of gas in the back and the stained tank but when I pulled the top hose it was fine.  Just have to keep on it until I track it down.

Oh and George I think you were right about the tune.  Its pretty peppy.  I wish I knew someone that had Ostrich and could copy the tune adding rear o2 delete and sas delete.  If you know anyone please hook me up.

 

Gary

 

 

1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.