What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Doing something similar today.

Pulled all the door panels, took pics of that process.

Then removed a panel insert on front and rear door, documented that.

removed all the old foam, and cleaned it up.

And now im about to glue in the new foam and custom made insert and then reglue the door panels together.

Pics, Write up, Links, sunday night.

Pic from just after removing old insert - rear door delaminated.

WdTwVYw.jpg

Its Monday.... Write up?

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 24.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• matt b

• 7 VII 7

• Oreo931

• Chilled man

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

no because you cannot mesh T5 and Pole... too much of a "stretch" if you said "waxed my rocket" that would have been better

What are you raising it to?? I'm just throwing the MBC wide open. (Worse case, the ECU will get pissed and fuel-cut, but the tune should fix that.) I'm really interested to see how far that 15G can

Started it. Drove it.

Posted Images

Its Monday.... Write up?

Yep and there is no write up, aint that crazy? I hope no one here really needs a write up to figure out how to remove their door panel and separate them though.

Ran into an issue I am working with them on, but the front doors look good.

Rob, didn't you say you were going to do a write up on how to de-skin and re-skin the panels? I'm nearly positive I read that... it'd be nice to have as a reference for P80's...

Pics, Write up, Links, sunday night.

Yep and there is no write up, aint that crazy? I hope no one here really needs a write up to figure out how to remove their door panel and separate them though.

Dude, does your dad live in PA and own his own dealership?

10616120_10153086004308272_7613736300246

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dude, does your dad live in PA and own his own dealership?

10616120_10153086004308272_7613736300246

Yeah thats not cool tim..

Dad died long ago. Thanks for that though.

Looks like someone is still on her period.

Looks like someone is taking the internet too serious today. Perhaps you should go lay down for a bit?

Rob, didn't you say you were going to do a write up on how to de-skin and re-skin the panels? I'm nearly positive I read that... it'd be nice to have as a reference for P80's...

Said I was doing a write up.

But yes it will include that in it.

Probably just link to it though since itll be on their site.

Though I guess it wouldn't hurt to do a separate one for VS.

Yeah I'm taking it too seriously.. I'm going to go back to my life and let you be miserable. Have fun..

Thanks.

Just trying to help some people out, wasnt really looking to start a fight in an off topic thread.

You ok lately? Seem a bit more on edge then me.

I'm fine, couldn't be better... your the one who has been a major asshole to everyone lately, and it sounded like another douchey comment.

Nobody is fighting so calm your nerves there Frisco.

• Upvote 3

I'm fine, couldn't be better... your the one who has been a major asshole to everyone lately, and it sounded like another douchey comment.

Nobody is fighting so calm your nerves there Frisco.

More like 4 people.

but..

Sarcasm escapes you. :closedeyes: I think you guys really read way to much into some things I post.

I am actually very calm.

Why did you edit this? I read it right after you posted the first time about how the pieces were too short and you were having problems. Now you post this?

Why did you edit this? I read it right after you posted the first time about how the pieces were too short and you were having problems. Now you post this?

Figured it was best to keep it between the vendor for now.

But yeah the driver rear door was about 1/2" short of material after the stitch on top side.

Edit*

I'll expand on that.

It was JUST enough to where you could see the board underneath when the panels were put back together. Maybe 10th of an inch visible, but anyone looking is going to see it.

Dropped the new engine in the bay, hooked the transmission back up, started routing most of the vacuum lines and got most of the obvious electrical reconnected. Still need to connect AC/Alternator/PS/Intake/Intercooling Piping before I can start thinking of things like putting oil in it.

• Upvote 1