• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• matt b

• 7 VII 7

• Oreo931

• Chilled man

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

no because you cannot mesh T5 and Pole... too much of a "stretch" if you said "waxed my rocket" that would have been better

What are you raising it to?? I'm just throwing the MBC wide open. (Worse case, the ECU will get pissed and fuel-cut, but the tune should fix that.) I'm really interested to see how far that 15G can

Started it. Drove it.

Posted Images

my attempt to fix what mother nature did to my car. Not 100% perfect but hope it will last me couple more years

~snip~

ohhhh, for some reason I thought this was a crack in the bumper, not the windshield. If it's smaller than a dollar bill you can have the crack filled, thats really the only way to prevent it from spreading.

Code P2177 popped up (System too lean off idle). :glare: Cleared it, but I think I'll be checking all of my vac lines tomorrow. I hope it's not the MAF dying a slow death...

What?! Your P2R needs a part replaced on it? What a shitty car.

• Upvote 4

No, it's hard to find an 8 hour time slot in my weeks right now. I've just blown over $500 in parts between the brake pads, the fuel rail o-rings, the O2 sensor and some other odds and ends needed for general maintenance, so I would have appreciated an easy fix like a vac line or a loose clamp.

Tightened my upper engine mount while a co-worker held on the brake in drive. Much less vibration in both drive and reverse.

• Upvote 1

Preloading the torque mount... that's not a bad idea JVC, might have to try that myself. Wonder how you'd do it with a stick...

I forget where I read the suggestion, but I knew I wanted to try it. The amount of vibration I got in park was negligible, but as soon as I shifted into drive it was off the charts. Now that I've Pre-loaded it while in drive, the vibration in park is minimal, and the vibration in drive is next to nothing as well.

You could likely do the same with the front lower mount as well as the upper mount. The only way I could see doing it with a stick would be to drive in an open parking lot with someone sitting in the engine bay to tighten it... but you should have a lot less vibration when idling since the clutch isn't engaged regardless.

Tightened my upper engine mount while a co-worker held on the brake in drive. Much less vibration in both drive and reverse.

I feel like I remember the original instructions and/or video said after about 1000 miles to loosen and re-torque it once the polyurethane got a bit broken in.