What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

What did you use? 3m dinoc? or the real deal?

3M scotchprint, it has a higher gloss then the di-noc and is a bit thinner making it easier to work with, I also used the 3M 94 primer on the curved edges, corners got multiple reliefs cut to get it nice and smooth. Very easy to use with a little patience, hairdryer, squeegee or credit card, sharp razor.

Edited by Dave 54
  • Replies 24.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• matt b

• 7 VII 7

• Oreo931

• Chilled man

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

no because you cannot mesh T5 and Pole... too much of a "stretch" if you said "waxed my rocket" that would have been better

What are you raising it to?? I'm just throwing the MBC wide open. (Worse case, the ECU will get pissed and fuel-cut, but the tune should fix that.) I'm really interested to see how far that 15G can

Started it. Drove it.

Posted Images

Removed and cleaned all of the speaker grills and removed all of the deteriorating foam.

2011-07-18191542.jpg

Also, new driver side axle in and extra control arm in, lets see if this takes care of the popping sound on accel.

im planning on wrapping the black trim in my car in cf wrap if i can't find some walnut trim on eBay in the next few months

The topic is "What did you do to your car TODAY"

NOT "What I would do to my car in the next few months"

I plastic welded the crack in my "new" R bumper...thread to follow on the procedure if anyone cares..

• Upvote 3

Dave, thats awesome. I hate hate hate fake CF but for a black suede headliner this might be the lazy way out instead of dying everything.

Thank you, it looks much better in person!

I'm redoing mine with regular black headliner mat'l from joann's fabric. I'll still have to paint the handles, and visor's, but I think it will help break it up a bit.

Edit: do believe the sunroof trim will now get the faux CF treatment.

im planning on wrapping the black trim in my car in cf wrap if i can't find some walnut trim on eBay in the next few months

Do it!!!

I'm thinking about it myself since some of my walnut is beat as is the wife's. I can make one good set and I just saw a plain black at the yard so who knows.

Edited by Dave 54

yea, i've been considering getting some walnut trim from an R but i just can't find any on ebay. I have also heard that removing the trim is difficult as well.

good call on the suede headliner btw

Washed it around 4 this afternoon after work, meant to wipe it down, sat down at my father's and fell asleep. :lol:

I did take care of the wheels/jams/windows after I woke up though. B)

toomonkeyinghottocleantehcar

Oil change at Seattle Volvo, with wash.

Swapped fuel pump again.

Swapped the IAC to try to track down a problem.

Dave you did that yourself?

Looks great but I would still want VOLVO on it somehow...

Yes

Thank you, I kinda feel the same, gonna see if my buddy can whip me out some chromed lettering like the oe and overlay it.

Yes

Thank you, I kinda feel the same, gonna see if my buddy can whip me out some chromed lettering like the oe and overlay it.

that would be beautiful! then sell em on here! :)

• Upvote 1