Volvospeed Forums

850 - Interior Door Panel Removal (in Pictures)

Hi all

I figured it was time to pay back some of the web love! Having enjoyed the 'fix it' threads (eg how to open and repair the glovebox door), when it was time to replace the door check strap I couldn't find a 'how to' on the interweb. So I built one - hope you find it useful if you're wondering how to get that door panel off to provide access to window winders, speakers, wiring, check straps etc.

I've also posted this on Matthew's site - I trust nobody's concerned about cross-site posting, given so many actively contribute to both sites!

Tools required:

* small flat-blade screwdriver

* Torx drivers or sockets: T20, T25, T30

* #1 phillips screwsriver

* long-nose pliers

527024158_6bdf9fb792_o.jpg

527116029_d6e165ff5d_o.jpg

527116617_5d1f580993_o.jpg

527026158_ca52ead667_o.jpg

527026638_9b40576efa_o.jpg

527118275_8975c07fa5_o.jpg

527118761_40b6ab3b31_o.jpg

now you can get on with fixing whatever it was you needed to get to!

Hope that helps.

If you want to pin this to the 'repairs' list, please feel free. I hope some folks get some use out of it. The idiot who tried to prise the door-lever cups upward on mine sure could have used this! You'll know what I mean when you get yours off.

cheers

'olaf'.

PS - a big plug for picture hosting on www.flickr.com!

Guest Guest_Volgrrr_*

holy crap - I looked everywhere! and in case of 'domestic blindness' (looking around the forum and bay 13), I used google, and still didn't find that. Oh well. Next time I need something I'll ask on the forum. hey ho.

A good post.

I have to replace my checkstrap too and your post will be most helpful.

And I certainly don't lose any sleep over a specific type of repair being listed on multiple forums.

Realistically, it means more people get to see the solution.

pleased it will be of use to you.

I only managed two pics for the ckeckstrap repair.

You'll need a male T40 torx bit for the hinge that connects to the body, and a short extension.

IIRC the bolts on to the door were 10mm. The part that FCP sent me was different - it used captive bolts, instead of captive nuts per the original. I had to head out and get some less-than-ideal bolts (it was a sunday). Plan ahead!

hope that helps.

'olaf'

Archived