Volvospeed Forums

Do Not Buy From Speed Tuning!

94850tx

I bought into the group buy from speedtuning for the speedtuning chipped ECU.

I sent them the ECU in an oversized box filled and wrapped in bubble wrap. The ECU I sent was the original one from my car, working perfectly.

The ECU I got OVER ONE MONTH LATER- it showed up in just an envelope- no bubble wrap or anything.

I called Oliver. He said send it back.

He got it and like I said it was not working.

He said to claim the insurance. He said there was $100 insurance on it (which clearly is not enough to cover the ECU AND the $255 for the chip).

I went to three local post offices- all of which said there was no insurance on the package.

He told me he would get involved if they would not pay. I have tried for the last two weeks to get the post office to pay- they continue to say no insurance is available.

I asked Oliver several times via e-mail to either A: Refund my money ($255) plus the $75 cost of my spare ECU or B: Source a replacement ECU and chip it and send it to me.

I have waited two weeks to hear from him and he will not return e-mails (which I prefer so there is no he said-she said).

He says I have to call. So today I call and he refuses to do anything for me (while yelling at me and not allowing me to talk) and will NOT refund any of my money or send me anything until I source an ecu and send it to him.

I have a MAJOR problem with sending him anything else because he clearly did not deliver on the first deal- it didn't work, was not properly packaged, and was not properly insured. Please read my feedback if you have any doubts about my credibility- I buy and sell a lot on here and have never had an issue even close to this magnitude of being completely ripped off.

So at this point I am out the ECU to my car (Oliver has it) and am out the $255 that I sent. I was leery of sending a certified check for this reason- since we did not use pay pal I have no course of action at this point other than to contact the post office and try to go through their mail fraud division.

I urge everyone on here to NEVER purchase from speedtuning and NEVER participate in a group buy that does not take pay pal.

Group buy post:

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index.php?showtopic=96053

PLEASE NOTICE: NO WHERE IN THE GROUP BUY DOES IT SAY NO REFUNDS and also note the shipping was $20...more than enough to cover the correct amount of insurance.

This is how Oliver ships ECUs- in express mail envelope. Please note how badly the envelope gets damaged since the ECU is so bulky to be in such an envelope. The postal service sticker is shown to prove this is Olivers package.

DSC_0637.jpg

DSC_0638.jpg

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole group buy process was a little wierd. Oliver isn't a great business man. The lack of paypal or credit card payment is frustrating, but he is old school I guess. I don't think that was a secret. From the way you put it, it does sound like he is open to refunding the cost of the ECU, so I would just source one out and send it to him. You shouldn't have to, but might be the quickest. Really, Oliver should step up and take care of it, there's really not an excuse.

I'm happy with my tune from him. Gobs more power and better mileage to boot. I sent mine in after pretty much everyone else got theirs (i.e. after the mad rush) and I got mine back in under a week, safe and sound.

I agree about paypal, that's why I don't send cheques unless I trust the person. But I've dealt with Oliver and he's a really nice guy, this seems weird that he would screw you over like this.

I had the same problem with him not packaging my ECU correctly but he said he was working on getting better packaging and he sent me a very long appology email. I'm glad to know that was a bunch of crap.

The whole group buy process was a little wierd. Oliver isn't a great business man. The lack of paypal or credit card payment is frustrating, but he is old school I guess. I don't think that was a secret. From the way you put it, it does sound like he is open to refunding the cost of the ECU, so I would just source one out and send it to him. You shouldn't have to, but might be the quickest. Really, Oliver should step up and take care of it, there's really not an excuse.

I'm happy with my tune from him. Gobs more power and better mileage to boot. I sent mine in after pretty much everyone else got theirs (i.e. after the mad rush) and I got mine back in under a week, safe and sound.

Oliver is not willing to pay anything.

Oliver is not willing to pay anything.

I misunderstood this sentence then.

...will NOT refund any of my money or send me anything until I source an ecu and send it to him.

He should definitely refund the cost of a new ECU if it wasn't packed well.

There have been many serious problems with ECU tuning group buys. Just be glad yours was the cheaper ST programming instead of the expensive RICA ordeal.

Not having proper ECU packaging and insurance from a programming vendor is blatant disregard for your customers and will insure you never have them or there associates back as customers.

At least you can still track him down but who knows maybe he will dissapear with the funds aka John Ross/RICA style :rolleyes:

At this point I'd just like my money back since I'd rather not have any further dealings with them.

I also did not enjoy being lied to via e-mail multiple times- he kept saying it was company policy that I call, which clearly #1 their company has no policy and #2 e-mail is a much more accurate record of who said what versus a phone conversation. All the phone conversation gave him a chance to do was to be rude and hang up on me.

I agree 100% NW T5R- When I shipped the ECU both times I insured it for $300. And before anyone suggests that I just claim that insurance no I will not because that would be postal fraud.

$255 and an ECU is plenty large enough loss for anyone to not be very pleased.

Nick

Sorry to hear about your situation. I imagine that this cannot be good for Speed Tuning's business. The mind set of Speed Tuning is grossly incorrect. It is not about this transaction it is about the future transactions or lack there of when you handle customer service in this manner.

1994 850 Turbo.

Just their basic 17psi tune.

Bottom line though is he never has delivered working product and I am out of a known good ecu and $255.

rica tune for 18t, whites, manual ecu for sale? :P

we can do this nick and really fuck oliver over.

1: we can socket your "new" ecu,

2: get Oreo's(adam) st 17psi ecu

3: read it

4: burn a eprom with a "custom" ST reflashed tune.

and laugh all the way home! btw, this is real easy to do, if you"know" how to do it.

then again this is "stealing", can't do that....its just a thought.

Archived